What's new

Vector E-300 Paging Function

MinitCarWash

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to set up the paging function on the E-300 for a Sprint/Nextel hybrid phone. This feature worked great on my Nextel phone, but since changing to the hybrid phone my pages only read "PLEASE CALL". I have tried calling Belanger tech support and we couldn't come up with a solution. Any help is greatly appreciated.

bigleo48

Reaction score
Minit,

Not familiar with the Vector, but you have essentially a CDMA (PCS) phone. Does the Vector use TAP (likely). I would call Sprint paging support and explain that you want to a paging machine (your vector) that uses TAP and have the message convert to an SMS for your Sprint PCS phone. They should give you a number that the machine needs to call, along with a PIN (likely your you 10 digit phone number).

BigLeo

MEP001

Reaction score
It does use TAP, so what bigleo suggested is the only option short of getting an actual pager. I would point out though that since the Vector only calls if it goes down, since you have to go on-site to reset it the code is somewhat irrelevant.

MinitCarWash

Reaction score
I'm not quite sure what TAP is so i'll just agree with your guys. But the E-300 only allows the use of one complete phone number followed by an activator digit. So what bigleo suggests wont work for me. The strange thing is that it worked perfectly with my Nextel phone, but now that I am running a Sprint line it gives me trouble.

And I agree the code can be irrelevent, but it will page you even if a customer drives off in the middle of a wash cycle. And in a situation like that the machine will reset itself and doesn't require me to drive and hour back to my site as in what happened to me last night.

Thanks for the replys

Anthony

MEP001

Reaction score
MinitCarWash said:
And I agree the code can be irrelevent, but it will page you even if a customer drives off in the middle of a wash cycle.
That must be something old, or new, since our Vector won't do that, but I forgot that ours will page if someone sits on the treadle too long after the wash cycle is completed. Fortunately that hasn't happened other than once while I was there, some jackass was rolling a blunt and wasn't done before the wash.

I tried to get ours to "page" my phone, but the only real issue I had was that Verizon will ring six times before it gets to the voicemail where it can send the activator, but no matter how long I set the pause, it was always trying to send the page while it was still ringing.

MinitCarWash

Reaction score
Our unit is about 6 years old and the E-300 was only updated in the last year when we installed the virtual tredle. But other than that everything is the same and has paged me for drive offs as well as those special morons who still can't get their cars lined up even without a tredle.

And I have the same issue as you with my phone so I have to hit the button to send it directly to voicemail. Otherwise I have to wait another 30 minutes to try again. If you ask me this system wasn't to well thought out, but I guess it is better than nothing.

MEP001

Reaction score
It was "thought out" quite a few years ago when pagers were still common. You can't even get a pager here anymore - I got a disposable cell phone just to have a number for voice mail, costs only $60 a year.