What's new

Vector carriage Jam

traveler17

Reaction score
I don’t know if the ones from KR will work. I’ve never tried. There is (1) 12 mm prox for the butterfly (2) for the shuttle and (2) 30mm for the carriage. If you can wait until the morning I can get you the manufacturer part number so Belanger doesn’t beat you over the head.

JGinther

Zip-tie engineer
Reaction score
I'm assuming this will work?

I also went to this website because they have the vector manual and in the manual it has this as the part number. BUT in the manual it shows there's two prox switches. Mine only has one prox switch..

IIRC, Belanger sinks their inputs, so I don't think the first sensor would work.

Last edited:

wyatt

Reaction score
Okay thank you everyone.

Mine for sure only has one prox for the shuttle. I have two vectors and they were both installed in 2001. Maybe they are older models? Mine only has one prox switch on the picket fence. There isn't one above that like the manual shows...

Jsshac

Reaction score
I am pretty sure I have one either on my truck or st my shop.

traveler17

Reaction score
8AD5FA10-13F4-4DCA-ADBE-577381B27885.png That’s odd , here is ascws showing 2 and I just looked at mine and it has 2. Anyways here are some part #s for the prox’s

12mm / 872CP-D4NN12-D4
30mm / Bi10-S30-AN-6X-H1141

wyatt

Reaction score
I was able to get it replaced. After calling Belanger they told me the manual was made in 2005 and did not reflect my Vector. Mine is the original Vector with one prox switch and no plate (part #6752 in the manual picture). I guess there’s a couple versions of Vectors.

My local car wash repair company had the prox switch somehow! So I’m back up and running!

BuggyBathSpearfish

Reaction score
FWIW I was having carriage jams, specifically on larger vehicles. I Switched out sonars, wires and even an encoder, still jammed. It ended up being a bad roller bearing that was dragging the carriage enough to throw off encoder after vehicle was sized and carriage would hit stops at front and rear during rinse and other passes. Changed bearing and haven't had a carriage jam since.

BuggyBathSpearfish

Reaction score
We couldn't hear anything, just noticed that the roller wasn't sitting flat on the beam. Once we let air out of the tires and jacked up that side of the carriage we noticed it was very hard to turn the bearing.