What's new

Vector 2004 fault on pre-soak but no shutdown

Acsamuelsen

Reaction score
I have a 2004 Vector that faults out either on the first or second pre-soak right about the home position on the carriage/windshield location on a car.
It stops for several seconds, opens my exit door and then continues to wash without issue.
It is not every wash all the time, maybe 50% of washes it does it on.
Thought it was an issue with the gearbox going bad on the carriage, did replace it with OEM but problem came back.
Any thoughts as to what could do this?
Also, a side note, I did notice the OEM gearbox is sloppy-you can move the input shaft side to side. Should I be concerned about longevity?

Acsamuelsen

Reaction score
The E-300 does not show a fault-I watch the fault screen during the wash. So it is faulting momentarily, but continues to wash after
several second pause...

traveler17

Reaction score
So I have a a vector that at the beginning of the year every now and then it would have intermittent pausing during the high pressure wash of the driver side only throwing no fault codes. After checking a few things, changed a vfd which I was told could be a cause still no fix. I was leaning towards the motor and was about to order one. I waited another week and it went away. I still have no idea why it does this. Mine is a 2005. Sorry no answers , you’re the only person besides myself that have seen this. Programming issue ??

Flex- Wand

Reaction score
I have a 2 arm saber. Does the same thing. Butterfly comes over windshield lights go green on the arms coasts doors open then restarts. Not always but but seams sun or moon roofs its on. If watching inputs or jog screen both enter, exit sonars flash on at the same time for a second or two ? I can't figure out no help from distributors.

Etowah

DakotaHoskins

Reaction score
I have seen our sabers and kondors also do this. Never really has been an issue. Wash starts back almost immediately. Something in belangers programming. I also suspect it’s sonar related.

traveler17

Reaction score
I have a 2 arm saber. Does the same thing. Butterfly comes over windshield lights go green on the arms coasts doors open then restarts. Not always but but seams sun or moon roofs its on. If watching inputs or jog screen both enter, exit sonars flash on at the same time for a second or two ? I can't figure out no help from distributors.
I talked w Belanger techs and they had no offering other than I need to watch PLC when it happens. Good luck w that unless I sit there all day or week or month and wait

Jsshac

Reaction score
Are the sonars put in level or are they tipped?

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
in my experience with touch free automatics, issues like this are often related to a sensor. Either a proximity switch or a sonar faulting. Whenever gearboxes have gone bad for me they've always failed in a pretty dramatic, grinding way.

I would first adjust the sensor,. if that didn't fix the problem I would change the sensor out with a know good unit. If that doesn't work I would change the cable end. if that doesn't work I would change the cable and check any associated relays. Then go from there

Flex- Wand

Reaction score
Are the sonars put in level or are they tipped?
Yes there good. The floor is cement is washing out. So have steal sheets on the floor. On the new I now have DriveComFault. The cable wires are organal. I thought i start there. They move, kink,rub. The boom set up belanger has I struggle with in the extended bay.

Timmb

Reaction score
Have had this issue on my two arm Kondor for 3 years. Only certain shaped cars my own being one of them a 2013 Toyota venza. Mine only happens when the arms are on an open pass usually triple foam. Stops for one split second you don't have time to do a capture screen you can't do anything. Always keeps washing and finishes the wash no fault codes. Tech support wanted me to do all sorts of crazy things. None made sense. Finally spoke with one of their guru design engineers. He tweaked the sonar adjustments. Lasted for about a year . Went back to doing the same thing. I just haven't bothered to try to get a hold of him again he's very busy and not part of the normal tech support team.