What's new

Validator problem

Kool Wash

Reaction score
I have a new Mars conversion on my Hamilton changer. Lately I have customers coming up to me and saying that the changer is taking their money. So I check to see whats happening and sure as crap the bills are sitting in between the stacker and the belt drive system. It is happening more often when the stacker is empty. It seems like the validator takes the bill, tries to reject it, does the pulsating, only to accept it but without giving the change. Has anyone else experienced this?

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
This is a problem with the mars to rowe conversion and have had a few software updates. I still have one that is trouble. Supposedly by running the mars upside down the bill box is a little loose and causes that problem and was causing the rowe to fault out. Try wedging a little paper onto the bottom of the box to take up the slack, not a very good fix but maybe will identify the problem

MEP001

Reaction score
Make sure you don't have the nuts too tight. They shouldn't be any tighter than necessary to keep the validator from moving freely. Overtightening will compress the plastic and make the pathway too narrow, preventing the bill from being rejected if it can't accept it.

JIMT

Reaction score
Kool Wash,
I have similar pulsing problem. As soon as the bill starts going into the Mars it will stop then go and stop and moving like a ratchet until the bill is stacked and gives no change. I had the changer open once when it was doing this so I took the bill box off and the stacker was moving in and out as the bill was ratcheting in. We have switched validaters and it still does once in a while. If any one knows what is causing this let us know.
JIMT

Ghetto Wash

Reaction score
Sounds like this problem to me.

http://forum.autocareforum.com/showthread.php?t=2852

Mars has flown to my wash 4 times to test and fix it and it appears that it is working fine now. Get the latest program update from Mars and it should take care of it.

Flew to my piddly carwas 4 times........thats customer service.

Randy

Reaction score
Normally when the Mars validator ratchets or pulsates when it’s accepting a bill it’s a problem with the main board or an issue with the software. Send it in for repair, if it’s less than 2 years old it should be on warranty. They need to be serviced from time to time.

On the Rowe changer the Mars validator is mounted at about a 45 deg angle and they use a 1000 note bill box. In some cases when the bill validator accepts a bill will shift or move slightly. On the Mars validator bill box there is a "Magazine Prism" this tells the validator that the Bill box is on the validator. If you remove the bill box the validator will not see the prism and will shut down the validator. The prism will get loose and dirty over time, this will shut down the validator. If your having this problem the best advise I can give you is to replace the bill box with 500 note bill box, this solves the problem in about 90% of the time.

Randy

Reaction score
Well did you figure out what your validator problem is or was?

Kool Wash

Reaction score
I called E valley(where I bought the conversion) and he told me to send it in. I purchased a new validator as a back up from him and it just arrived last night. The new validators are different colors. Anyways, I will install the new one in a few hours and see over the weekend if that was the problem or if its the controller. In the meantime, the old one (2 months old) is going back to Jim at E valley.

Ill update