What's new

Validator help

Reaction score
Hey guys. Long post sorry.

I have just swapped out my old Hamilton changer with a standard changer EC500 RLDA. It has dual coinco Mag50BAB and they are given me an error light pretty often. My questions is I have a MEI in my Hamilton that's good (2601 u7) what do I need to swap it in my standard? Or what do I need to buy to put new mei's in my standard machine. So many options and everyone I've called to ask for a harness or which validator I would need couldn't tell me.

Randy

Reaction score
Hey guys. Long post sorry.

I have just swapped out my old Hamilton changer with a standard changer EC500 RLDA. It has dual coinco Mag50BAB and they are given me an error light pretty often. My questions is I have a MEI in my Hamilton that's good (2601 u7) what do I need to swap it in my standard? Or what do I need to buy to put new mei's in my standard machine. So many options and everyone I've called to ask for a harness or which validator I would need couldn't tell me.
Why in the hell would you pull out a Hamilton changer and install a piece of crap EC500 Standard changer with antique Mag-50 validators. The EC500 changer was a piece of crap when they were new. What model Hamilton changer did you pull out? The EC series went out of production years ago and Standard only made them for a couple of years. The best you can do is to call Standard and ask them what you need.

Reaction score
Why in the hell would you pull out a Hamilton changer and install a piece of crap EC500 Standard changer with antique Mag-50 validators. The EC500 changer was a piece of crap when they were new. What model Hamilton changer did you pull out? The EC series went out of production years ago and Standard only made them for a couple of years. The best you can do is to call Standard and ask them what you need.
The single validator, single hoper Hamilton was running out of quarter's daily. Was my only changer. Was vandalized years ago pretty rough machine. Picked up the standard for $200 nice looking machine. New one is 5k so I thought it was worth the investment. I would think they make some plug and play mei's. I figured it was a pretty common upgrade

Randy

Reaction score
The single validator, single hoper Hamilton was running out of quarter's daily. Was my only changer. Was vandalized years ago pretty rough machine. Picked up the standard for $200 nice looking machine. New one is 5k so I thought it was worth the investment. I would think they make some plug and play mei's. I figured it was a pretty common upgrade
What you bought was someone else's problems. What model of Hamilton changer did you pull out? Do you have pictures of how bad it looked? why not just keep using the Coinco Mag-50BAB validators. The lst guy who i knew that had a Standard MC500 had so many problems with it he took it out and tossed into the dumpster and bought a Hamilton RNS changer from me.

Reaction score
I had actually bought the entire equipment from a carwash from vacuums all the way to solenoids and I had sold everything that I didn't want, kept what I did and liked $200 from getting my investment back. I don't recall the model of it.The manufactured date is 05. Pretty small sized machine, has around a 8"x10" short but fat hopper.

MEP001

Reaction score
You can convert the Standard to a MEI validator. It's tough to find validators now. The hoppers are pretty good and you can still get parts for them.

Randy

Reaction score
The EC stands for “Economy Changer” They were Standards low end and I mean low end bill changer. They had 2 versions, a 24 volt MDB model and a 120 volt Pulse model. The 24 volt MDB version used a EC+ power supply (two red buttons). The 120 volt version used a EC straight power supply (one black button). The Coinco Mag-50 validator went out of production about 20 years ago but there are a ton of them still in use and they are cheap to buy and cheap to repair. The cheap EC changer was replaced by the MC series changer, a little better than the EC changer, but not much. I hate it when I have to work on a Standard Hopper.