What's new

Vacuums

mac

Reaction score
At the wash I bought all of the decals were faded and worn, so I've been replacing them with custom ones with my wash's name, not some manufacturer. Started to do the vacuums and it sort of struck me how stupid some of the decals are. Do you really need to put a big label on a vacuum to tell people that, yes, this is a vacuum? I mean they all do it. Mine even have instruction on how to use it. We have all seen clueless customers, but I have never seen one stumped by a coin operated vacuum. Another example to show how prevalent this stupid signage is at a bank I use. At the drive up kiosk there are even instructions in Braille. At a drive up kiosk.

Randy

Reaction score
Mac, I couldn’t agree more. Most of the decals on the side of the vacuums are senseless dribble. I think 99% of the motoring public can figure out what that round stainless tank looking thing is for. The last time we bought vacuums we ordered them without decals. We put on our own decals, price and time.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I like the decals that say VACUUM because they are colorful and I feel like they add an appealing look to the stainless vac exterior. I like how replacing them really gives the vac a fresh look.

As far as letting people know it's a vacuum cleaner to use on their car and not R2D2's second cousin; that vacuum sign is for the customers who try and insert nickels and pennies, who drive over orange traffic cones, who drive through an IBA where there is a cone, ladder in the bay, trash can in the bay and wood cribbing holding the machinery up while repairs are being done ( and wonder why it didn't work and whom do they see about a refund )?!?!!

mac

Reaction score
Waxman, I like signs that are eye catching and have a nice design to them. If you could find a 40 year ols catalogue, you will most likely see the same signs used today. And it doesn't cost that much for custom ones.

lb60605

Reaction score
Anyone thinking of converting vacuums with a button for free vacuums offered at your wash?

lb60605

Reaction score
I have Vortex vacuums, can anyone recommend a Maintenance company? I am located in Illinois outside of Chicago.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I have Vortex vacuums, can anyone recommend a Maintenance company? I am located in Illinois outside of Chicago.
Where outside Chicago, I may have someone. Are you looking for someone to empty the dirt or addres operational issues?

lb60605

Reaction score
Operational issues. Shampoo and Fragrance not working and coins not falling to the coin tray in one unit.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Operational issues. Shampoo and Fragrance not working and coins not falling to the coin tray in one unit.
Tough to diagnose without more info. Can you take and post photos of the coin acceptor. Could be something as simple as a bent coin stuck in there or one with some sticky residue on it.