What's new

Vacuums?

Wet Spot

Reaction score
Planning on replacing 20 year old vacs. Not looking at combos in kinda rough hood. What’s the best vac for the buck, Je Adams, Ivs, two or three motor

Last edited:

MEP001

Reaction score
IMO two motor vacs are plenty. JE Adams is a little less expensive for a standard 4-bag 2-motor vacuum than IVS and parts will be a lot cheaper. Build quality is about the same. Adams is the same price whether stainless dome or lighted dome; IVS is about $100 more for lighted dome.

Have you considered refreshing your current vacs, or are they beyond that?

Scott220

Reaction score
Last year I upgraded to Adams 3 motor vacs in an economically depressed area. I raised my price to $2 for 5 minutes which I agree is too high, but the response has been very positive. Everyone I've asked has said its well worth it for the added suction. Best decision I've made and plan to do the same with my other location.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
If you are going 3 motor make sure existing wire gauge and breakers can handle it. I have plenty of 3 motor as well as 2 motors. IMO if everything is correct the 2 motors suck as well as the 3 motors. Only advantage for 3 motor is if you can charge more. I have plenty of Vacs older than 20 years. Why are you replacing yours? Unless they are banged up, if they re stainless, a good cleaning , new decals and paint for plastic domes can work wonders. (Assuming all bags, seals, mechanisms and motors are good. )

Wet Spot

Reaction score
They are probably more like 30 years old, I cleaned them up 13 years ago when I purchased my only wash, replaced w better timer and the micro coin.just ready to replace for maybe a stronger vac. I’m actually going to relocate all of them for a better flow on the property, I also need to replace all the conduit as it’s over 50 years old and I’m starting to have issues. So I will have all new wiring.

How much more power is the 3 motor from the 2, I’m going to have to find someone that had one. So ivs and Adams are pretty close to same quality ? Thx

MEP001

Reaction score
You'll hear all sorts of "facts" here like the hose can only pull so much vacuum whether it's two motor or three, all I can tell you for sure is the customers can tell the difference.

OurTown

Reaction score
You'll hear all sorts of "facts" here like the hose can only pull so much vacuum whether it's two motor or three, all I can tell you for sure is the customers can tell the difference.

The issue might be that with three motors vs two is that the cfm is not increased a huge amount because the hose size is still the same. The real difference is the increase in inches of water lift with the extra horsepower. I can sure tell the difference between a two motor and a three motor vac.

Randy

Reaction score
Planning on replacing 20 year old vacs. Not looking at combos in kinda rough hood. What’s the best vac for the buck, Je Adams, Ivs, two or three motor
I'd take a long hard look at the condition of the vac's you have now. Are they torn up? Are the doors in good condition? If they are decent I'd acid wash them, put new decals on, install new motors, new coin acceptors and you'll be in business again.

OurTown

Reaction score
Wet Spot since there are a lot of us advocating that you spruce up your current vacs what do you have? Maybe they are an older bad design?

Wet Spot

Reaction score
They appear to been Adams 9200’s, the security doors have been pried, damaged , I’ve had to drill new holes for lock on doors as the cut stainless, I’ve got micro coin acceptors which I will take out as well. I’ve replaced gaskets but with the doors messed up I’m still loosing a little suction. I’m building all new vaults and bases for vacs and want a clean look. Definitely looking at the 3 motors if a lot more power, might be able to increase start up with that

Randy

Reaction score
We had them installed for a couple of days before they were destroyed. Not really worth the cost.

MEP001

Reaction score
These are a lot cheaper and about as effective:

Wet Spot

Reaction score
Yeah, that’s what I have currently, they’ve cut locks, cut the stainless we’re lock goes through each side. But the more expensive one is junk? Looks clean, lol, just seems so long easier to pry looking at diagram

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
How much more power is the 3 motor from the 2, I’m going to have to find someone that had one. So ivs and Adams are pretty close to same quality ? Thx
Not sure peak amperage draw or wire gauge but hd to go from 20 amp breaker to 30 amp.

MEP001

Reaction score
The more expensive one is better as long as they don't bring tools to get into it, but if they start prying on it they'll tear up the whole side of the vacuum instead of just the area around the latches, as well as destroy the expensive cover.

Randy

Reaction score
We had such a bad problem with them prying open the doors we took the locking devices off and clean the vac's everyday. Now they pretty much leave them alone because there's not anything in them.

Wet Spot

Reaction score
I’m leaning towards 3 motors, just trying to determine if ivs is worth a few hundred more, local shop is pushing ivs as better

MEP001

Reaction score
The only thing better about IVS over Adams is that IVS ships theirs in a box on a pallet where Adams is just wrapped in stretch film. IVS does have a bigger meter/coin box, but the security is about the same. Parts for IVS will be a lot more expensive.