What's new

Vacuum Vault - Break-in

rshiggaon

Reaction score
Hello Everyone - I had a few vacuum vaults break-in in the last 2 weeks, same offenders, I am sure they are coming back. The first time they broke, is by hacking the Master padlock, then I replaced all my locks with Abus 20/70 KA Diskus Padlock.

The second time they tried to do the same thing, but they could not hack the lock. With a lot of struggle, they banged the vault with a hammer to ben the vault and with a wedge tool they broke the vault. (Pic1) attached.

I was planning to put a rod that I happen to see on youtube (Pic2). Do you guys know where can I order that? Any other ideas on how to make it stronger?

TIA.

Attachments

MEP001

Reaction score
Coleman makes a bar and lock guard you can add to that. You will need to drill two large holes and weld the guard on.
It would be too long, but it's just stainless bar stock with a washer welded on one end and a hole drilled in the other. Should be easy to fabricate.

Jsobi

Reaction score
PIC 1 is a Coleman Shampoo Vac. Should fit perfect. I have done it.

Jsobi

Reaction score
PIC 1 is a Coleman Shampoo Vac. Should fit perfect. I have done it.

MEP001

Reaction score
I see, I didn't register the pic numbers and thought his was the JE Adams.

The lock bar in the pic 2 is just a flat stainless bar. You can get stock in that size and have a piece welded on the end to make it a long T shape. You will have to cut slots in the vacuum for it. I don't think a bar premade like that exists.

Randy

Reaction score
How often do you pull the money out of your coin boxes? If they keep coming back it's because they are hitting the mother lode.

Mchas

Reaction score
How often do you pull the money out of your coin boxes? If they keep coming back it's because they are hitting the mother lode.
I had a guy spend about 2 hours manually prying into an Adams vacuum of mine. He didn’t get inside but he did a ton of damage. I saw it the next day and pulled out whatever coins were in there. He came back that night to finish the job and spend another hour prying the heck out of it. Once he got to the coins there was maybe $3-4 dollars inside. Watching the video of him being so frustrated once he got in was amusing. Of course it cost me $2k to repair it and the police did nothing.

MEP001

Reaction score
I had a guy spend about 2 hours manually prying into an Adams vacuum of mine. He didn’t get inside but he did a ton of damage. I saw it the next day and pulled out whatever coins were in there. He came back that night to finish the job and spend another hour prying the heck out of it. Once he got to the coins there was maybe $3-4 dollars inside. Watching the video of him being so frustrated once he got in was amusing. Of course it cost me $2k to repair it and the police did nothing.
Yup, I've been battling some breakins at a wash, same dumbass kid keeps coming through popping bay doors open, bashed out a bay wall, cut a bunch of wires to get power for a small shop vac to try and suck quarters out of a safe, has spent many hours prying on vacs that DON'T EVEN WORK trying to get at a few loose ones under the coin trays, etc. The guy has done well over $30,000 in damage, he's gotten maybe $25.

OurTown

Reaction score
Yup, I've been battling some breakins at a wash, same dumbass kid keeps coming through popping bay doors open, bashed out a bay wall, cut a bunch of wires to get power for a small shop vac to try and suck quarters out of a safe, has spent many hours prying on vacs that DON'T EVEN WORK trying to get at a few loose ones under the coin trays, etc. The guy has done well over $30,000 in damage, he's gotten maybe $25.

This is exactly why we all need to have every vault door on a monitored alarm system. It is not a cure all but would substantially slow this down.

Jsobi

Reaction score
1675618748532.jpeg This is our 1/4” thick National Pride box at our Chicago wash, from 2020. The neighborhood was in Covid chaos. They never got into it tho. They cut the lock bar off. Then Started cutting the welds on top. We bent it back with a big adjustable and rewelded it. We believe in the thickest stainless, multiple locks and coin safes.

Randy

Reaction score
View attachment 7743 This is our 1/4” thick National Pride box at our Chicago wash, from 2020. The neighborhood was in Covid chaos. They never got into it tho. They cut the lock bar off. Then Started cutting the welds on top. We bent it back with a big adjustable and rewelded it. We believe in the thickest stainless, multiple locks and coin safes.
That really sucks! I'll bet they wouldn't have bothered it if you didn't have the bill validator installed. We pulled all of the bill validators from all of our coin boxes, no more problems with the coin boxes being broken into.

Jsobi

Reaction score
We have never lost $1 in a National Pride coin/bill box. Best thing we ever did in the self serve was bill boxes for revenue, second would be credit cards, third would be $1 unique tokens. We have 40 bays set up like that.

Last edited: