What's new

Vacuum sticker removal

Ultra Shine

Reaction score
Happy Easter everyone
Anyone have a easier way to remove the vac stickers so they can be replaced?
I have goo gone, gas, a heat gun, torch . Mineral spirits and a eraser wheel for my drill.
I’m about 3 hrs into 1 vac and half way to go!
what’s the secret?

KleanRide

Reaction score
Heat gun and a paint scraper with lots of spare blades worked best for me. Then Goo gone to cut the residue. Then a rubdown with some diluted Clean Wall.

Randy

Reaction score
I use a propane torch to get it started and spray brake cleaner behind the decal to loosen the the glue. The only decals I have on my vacuums are the price decals, some how the customers seem the be able to find them without the decals.

MEP001

Reaction score
It depends on the decal. Paint stripper will eat right through a Lexan decal but not a Mylar one. For those you pretty much have to use a heat gun and peel or scrape it. I use 3M adhesive cleaner to remove the residue - I find it best to wet the adhesive with the cleaner, wait about 30 seconds and scrape it carefully with a sharp razor blade. If you're careful you won't scratch the stainless. It's pretty quick and the cleaner is very low fume. You don't have to get the adhesive completely off, it just needs to be smooth, then use very mildly soapy water to apply the new one. You don't want it so soapy that the decal slides around or it will interfere with adhesion.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I use a heat gun to remove the vinyl part and and for the leftover glue I smear on Gojo Original formula hand cleaner; it's like a white jelly. Let that sit a half hour then easily scrape glue off with a razor blade. Wipe razor blade clean on a paper towel. Very easy and no harsh chemicals. I've inhaled enough solvents!

mikempls

Reaction score
We use a heat gun for the decal removal and then 3M adhesive remover for the glue. The adhesive remover works great, but it cost about $50 for a quart can. I purchase it at an automotive paint supply store locally.

MEP001

Reaction score
I get it at a local bolt supply for about half that. NAPA has it for $29.99. Zoro's regular price is $24.

Ultra Shine

Reaction score
Just tried citristrip in aerosol. Amazing stuff.

pealed sticker. Then sprayed this and let it sit for about 20 min. Took a rag with acetone and wiped it away.