What's new

Vacuum or water treatment preferred brands?

CarWashNewbie1

Reaction score
I have been using local companies for water treatment (softener/RO/reclaim) but am looking to switch to a larger company. I have heard a lot about PurClean, Velocity, Con-Serve, etc. but was wondering if anyone could share any insight into which brands they prefer and why.

Have little experience with vacuums so advice there would be appreciated as well (tunnel and IBA).

soapy

Reaction score
I have a couple of culligan softners and RO syustems and they have been pretty good but are pricey. I have also purchased several units from Dultmeier sales both RO production and repressure systems. I have purchased smaller soft water systems from DUltmeier also and they have been good.
Vacuums all work about the same it is just the features you want to include like bill acceptors etc.

mac

Reaction score
I would stay away from Culligan. Way overpriced. I have used Charger Water for softeners, about one third the price. Also i recommend only using soft water to mix chemicals and your RO. should not need any scheduled service on this.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
I wonder if Fleck Tech Support usually comes through in a good enough way for those of us who order a Fleck unit online & prefer to install & maintain ourselves "in house"? Tech support is very important. By being locked into a local installer of Culligan ... Ecowater etc ... it seems like you are almost like locked into $$$ going to them from that point on for maintenance etc.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Most Softener companies use Fleck or Clack components. I buy direct from Wood Brothers and can save a little money, shipping can be a bear though. Just bought a single tank 128K grain softener with a 1.5" Fleck 2850 head with electronic control and flow meter and it cost around $1800 but shipping was $400.

Etowah