What's new

Vacuum not sucking

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I'm not famliar with Adams vacs but I've used a cork plug available at the hardware store for my Coleman vacs., but the hole is sized for for mounting a 1/2" lag bolt

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I'm not famliar with Adams vacs but I've used a cork plug available at the hardware store for my Coleman vacs., but the hole is sized for for mounting a 1/2" lag bolt
I would be concerned about any non super secured item in the hole or over it coming loose due to vibration and suction.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
We find that swapping out with "washing machine cleaned" vacuum bags for the ones that are due for our front load washing machine cleaning process in our laundromat does the trick for maximum suction! Also ... we really notice that our Doyle 4 bag vacuums are better than some previous 3 bag vacuums.

HeyVern

Reaction score
We find that swapping out with "washing machine cleaned" vacuum bags for the ones that are due for our front load washing machine cleaning process in our laundromat does the trick for maximum suction! Also ... we really notice that our Doyle 4 bag vacuums are better than some previous 3 bag vacuums.
Wow! Fifty words, two uImproper quotation marks, an unnecessary exclamation point, and, for some odd reason, an ellipsis, to say, "Chang the filters."

edredtop

Reaction score
Using the Hamilton clean out bucket
Wow! Fifty words, two uImproper quotation marks, an unnecessary exclamation point, and, for some odd reason, an ellipsis, to say, "Chang the filters."
Do you guys know each other and you're just ribbing him? :unsure:
That would suck if people were being inhibited to participate on this forum because of grammatical ridicule.
BTW, what's "ulmproper" and "Chang" mean to you?;)

Blanco

Reaction score
Changed the bags. It’s sucking a little better. I also have a plug missing in the bottom of the vacuum. Could that have something to do with loss of suction ?
Home Depot sells test plugs in plumbing isle that will fit perfectly. Probably .30 a piece. Buy a tube of silicone go around the plug and push it in. It won't come off again. If you ever have to take them off to remove vacs all you need is a razor blade.