What's new

Vacuum needs too many quarters to start

Car Washer

Reaction score
I have 2 older JE Adams 3 motor super vacuums one door (cannot find model #, the sticker is to old). Both of them are suddenly requiring 20 plus quarters to start, what can be the problem? Both currently have a Ginsan GS-403 Timer.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
Absolutely your timer I bet. Those are not reliable same as the IDX flatpack. When we switched to dixmor digital timers and Microcoin acceptors those problems went away.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
yes sir hope that helps. I would verify your incoming power to make sure its steady 115/120V there finicky to power also i seen over the years.

Randy

Reaction score
Before you get charged up to change the timer look at your coin acceptor. What kind of coin acceptor are you using? If your using a mechanical coin acceptor you could have someone who has tried to flip the cherry switch inside the vacuum though the coin return. Also test your timer to see if you can pulse the timer with a jumper wire between the terminals where the coin acceptor connects to the timer. Also check to be sure your timer dip switches are still set where they are supposed to be. I had someone open my faceplate on a couple of my vacuums and change the dip switch settings. If you want your timer to last almost forever, install a mercury relay that is controlled by the vac timer, this takes the motor load off the timer.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Randy is correct..Had machines "Miss Quarters" trough the years. Sometimes coin Mech and sometimes Timer.