What's new

Vacuum mounts loose

buckeye3847

Reaction score
Hi. I have some old coleman hanna vacuums that I refurbished, but they are loose on their concrete anchor bolts. I have 2 with a sheared off anchor bolt and others where the bolt is loose on the concrete mount. Does anyone have any suggestions for repairing and/or re-securing the anchor bolts and the vaccuums? Do I have to pull the vacuums off, repair the issue and then re-mount? Thanks in advance!

I can see that the vacuums have been remounted a few times on the one with paver/bricks vs. the slab mounted ones. Is that the jist of things?

attachment_1.jpeg
attachment_2.jpeg
attachment_2.jpeg
attachment_2.jpeg

Noob

Reaction score
Follow rands advice. I had the same problem recently and had to redrill a few mounts except mine are inside the vacuum. If you have to reposition be cautious of incoming power. You don't want to scrape of the exterior jacket or pinch it when repositioning the vacuum.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Never thought to use a hammer drive anchor. That sure would make life a lot simpler.

I will say that if you go back with sleeve anchors or wedge anchors a big mistake I've made in the past is over tightening. I always thought tighter is better. It seems my over-tightening would cause the anchor to start to rotate or pull out of the hole. For example a 3/8" sleeve anchor is supposed to be torqued to only 18 foot pounds and a 3/8" wedge anchor is supposed to be torqued to 25 foot lbs. While you have the vac up I'd be tempted to redo the electrical connections under the vac if any..

HeyVern

Reaction score
If you can get the old anchors out with out busting up the concrete too bad, you can redrill the hole and put in bigger anchors. You can also get good epoxy anchors and reuse the same holes.