What's new

Vacuum dirt keeps getting robbed

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
Jeeperz give the guy a key and let him empty them for you. As long as you guys make a deal that he closes up the clean out doors we'll. That's a win win. Who wants to clean out those vacuums.
The jerk that was breaking into our canisters was a homeless drug-addict. Im NOT going to trust him with a key. He'd come during the night & use a grinder to cut off the locks. I told one of his friends to have him meet me on Wednesday at 10am to help me empty the cannisters and I'd gladly give him ALL the contents!! The thief never showed up. But the friend warned him to STOP IT and he did - thankfully!

Attachments

Last edited:

MrBTech

Reaction score
Im sorry.. aaahaha that picture... I remember cleaning out all our vacuums the day I saw your post and felt some kind of way.

Damoni88

Reaction score
Take matters into your own hands the cops won’t do shit cause there lazy millennials! Hide and wait for him at night!

MEP001

Reaction score
Take matters into your own hands the cops won’t do shit cause there lazy millennials! Hide and wait for him at night!
Unfortunately you'll go to jail for that before they do for destroying your equipment. You can't even pepper-spray them unless they're attacking you. Ask me how I know. And if you pull a gun on them, they'll go screaming for the cops. Again, ask me how I know. All you can do is get the police out to get them trespassed, and they have to catch them, ID them, and you have to tell them they aren't welcome. And even then, the police won't go looking for them when you show them on video. This homeless problem is crazy, literally, and nothing will stop it until people stop giving them money. If I hang out at my wash to keep things under control, about every five minutes someone comes walking through to pick through the trash or look for change around the equipment or panhandle from the customers. I have to empty the trash every night as late as I can or it gets strewn everywhere by morning. And I hardly made anything off the vacuums until I secured the cleanouts.

Last edited:

Damoni88

Reaction score
Unfortunately you'll go to jail for that before they do for destroying your equipment. You can't even pepper-spray them unless they're attacking you. Ask me how I know. And if you pull a gun on them, they'll go screaming for the cops. Again, ask me how I know. All you can do is get the police out to get them trespassed, and they have to catch them, ID them, and you have to tell them they aren't welcome. And even then, the police won't go looking for them when you show them on video. This homeless problem is crazy, literally, and nothing will stop it until people stop giving them money. If I hang out at my wash to keep things under control, about every five minutes someone comes walking through to pick through the trash or look for change around the equipment or panhandle from the customers. I have to empty the trash every night as late as I can or it gets strewn everywhere by morning. And I hardly made anything off the vacuums until I secured the cleanouts.
Your 100% correct on all those Mep it’s just so frustrating!

Randy

Reaction score
Unfortunately you'll go to jail for that before they do for destroying your equipment. You can't even pepper-spray them unless they're attacking you. Ask me how I know. And if you pull a gun on them, they'll go screaming for the cops. Again, ask me how I know.
OK I'll bite, how do you know?

Rookie68

Reaction score
I plan to go from 5 vacs down to 1 for this exact reason.
My vacs are such a pain from the homeless breaking in to dig through the dirt.
More of a hassle than they are worth.

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
I understand your dilemma Rookie68. We have had problems with vagrants breaking into our vacuums too. 1 vacuum would make it easier, just make sure it's clean with strong suction 100% of the time! (y) 🤩. We have 5 vacuums and they're always being used.

Reaction score
What about instead of keeping the vagrant away from the vacuum, why not keep the vacuum away from the vagrant (i.e. What about instead of keeping the vagrant away from the vacuum, why not keep the vacuum away from the vagrant (i.e. Mounting the vacuum on the roof while having the coin box and a hose on what would be the Vacuum island? It’s probably a stupid idea but I thought it sounds like a good idea

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
What about instead of keeping the vagrant away from the vacuum, why not keep the vacuum away from the vagrant (i.e. What about instead of keeping the vagrant away from the vacuum, why not keep the vacuum away from the vagrant (i.e. Mounting the vacuum on the roof while having the coin box and a hose on what would be the Vacuum island? It’s probably a stupid idea but I thought it sounds like a good idea
Hmmm, interesting idea ACT to consider! For us, vagrants were breaking into the cannisters for the loose change. But moving the cannister to the roof would make it challenging for me to empty them.

MEP001

Reaction score
Putting the dirt on the roof doesn't sound like a good option.

Mchas

Reaction score
Build a brick enclosure with a super thick rectangular door for you to access the vacuums and just have the hose and faceplate sticking out. Think small and short equipment room. I have seen it at several places. No way anyone is getting into the vacs that way.

Reaction score
Hmmm, interesting idea ACT to consider! For us, vagrants were breaking into the cannisters for the loose change. But moving the cannister to the roof would make it challenging for me to empty them.
Yeah now that I’ve had some time to think about it it’s definitely not as good as an idea as I thought

Reaction score
Build a brick enclosure with a super thick rectangular door for you to access the vacuums and just have the hose and faceplate sticking out. Think small and short equipment room. I have seen it at several places. No way anyone is getting into the vacs that way.
Oh yes, I’ve actually seen this And it also helps with Quieting the noise from the vacuum so they are not as loud, Not my wash but the local car wash near my dads D5A34420-2EEB-4D46-BE2B-7D0F9D6AD01B.jpeg 835D8D9B-02FB-4B78-A6A8-91EB4FCD7ECA.jpeg

Last edited: