What's new

Vacuum broken into? Key found this position? Money gone.

MEP001

Reaction score
Yeah, there's a tool that can pick those in a few seconds. It doesn't have the pin like the key does to retain it until the lock is rotated back. You should be able to replace the lock insert with a Medeco. Those are almost pick-proof.

Starrwash

Reaction score
Thank you for the help, after reviewing video I verified what you all knew..picked. Good video hopefully catch the culprit. Rented car, but plates established

Randy

Reaction score
When was the last time you picked up the money from that vacuum? How do you think they got? If they were smart they would only take a little bit every few days, that way it'd take a long time to figure out you were being hit. The only time you want to use a ACE vending type lock is if there isn't anything to valuable inside.

Starrwash

Reaction score
10 days ago emptied, when watching video I thought it was strange he spent more time trying (unsuccessfully) to relock the vacuum than he did to unlock, likely will return. 3:45 in the morning when it occurred. I would likely not have noticed nearly as quickly if he had relocked. I posted for your advice and honestly appreciate it, still have allot to learn my first break in since owning 3 1/2 years ago.

Dan-Ark

Reaction score
I put these in instead of the tubular type after I ordered the "tool" to open a bunch of locks at a closed wash I bought the salvage rights on. May not be any better but harder to pick, and the stainless disk the key goes through should make it harder to drill or grind out the guts. abloytype.jpg

MEP001

Reaction score
I put these in instead of the tubular type after I ordered the "tool" to open a bunch of locks at a closed wash I bought the salvage rights on. May not be any better but harder to pick, and the stainless disk the key goes through should make it harder to drill or grind out the guts.
I would be a little more worried about kids sticking things into the wider keyway, but yes, they are very hard to drill. I had to open a bunch of Abus locks that use the same type of key, and it took much longer to get into each padlock than it takes with the same method to open a damaged Medeco. They can be picked, but it takes a highly specialized tool and someone with skills akin to a professional safe cracker.