What's new

Vac pricing

BenW@JCCW

Reaction score
We still have to help the "Commonsense Challenged People" understand how to use our vacuums, I made our decal as easy as possible but still I get people who have trouble understanding this.

I was just working on new stickers for my vacs. I like yours better!

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Actually the "Commonsense Challenged People" were the mfrs. There's no reason that should have two switches to begin with. That could have easily been done with a rotary switch like a SS bay uses.

MEP001

Reaction score
Actually the "Commonsense Challenged People" were the mfrs. There's no reason that should have two switches to begin with. That could have easily been done with a rotary switch like a SS bay uses.
Yup, the Doyle Fresh Impressions vacs have a rotary switch, and I never had problems with people trying to figure out how to use it even with vacuum, shampoo, spot remover and three fragrances on one machine. And don't forget the "geniuses" at Industrial who put a liquid pump right above a PLC when neither was even necessary.

TEEBOX

Reaction score
We still have to help the "Commonsense Challenged People" understand how to use our vacuums, I made our decal as easy as possible but still I get people who have trouble understanding this.

"Commonsense" Challenged People," I love it!

chaz

Reaction score
Today was my least favorite job day at the wash. Clean out the VACS. Gotta say, the job isn't as bad now that I've been at $2 for 6 minutes on my 8 vacs for a few months. Vac income is up. No real complaints, just an occasional comment, typically I add the 2nd dollar when someone mentions it and then I explain, they now get 6 minutes....plenty of time to vac. I did see one guy get all ready to vac, then drove off when he saw the $2 start. Even with the occasional drive off, my income stays on the rise, and less wear and tear. Most customers make use of the full 6 minutes....I do notice every now and then, a customer finishes with time still remaining.

It was hard to make the move, but then I figured, my vac use could drop in half, and my income would stay the same. My vac use has NOT dropped any noticeable amount.

APW

Reaction score
Today was my least favorite job day at the wash. Clean out the VACS. Gotta say, the job isn't as bad now that I've been at $2 for 6 minutes on my 8 vacs for a few months. Vac income is up. No real complaints, just an occasional comment, typically I add the 2nd dollar when someone mentions it and then I explain, they now get 6 minutes....plenty of time to vac. I did see one guy get all ready to vac, then drove off when he saw the $2 start. Even with the occasional drive off, my income stays on the rise, and less wear and tear. Most customers make use of the full 6 minutes....I do notice every now and then, a customer finishes with time still remaining.

It was hard to make the move, but then I figured, my vac use could drop in half, and my income would stay the same. My vac use has NOT dropped any noticeable amount.
Do you have to fill your change machine more often with the $2 start price?

chaz

Reaction score
My change machine dispenses one dollar coins, I check it daily and add coins as needed. But quite frankly, I'm noticing more ones (and even 5's) directly at my vacs.