What's new

vac nozzles

mac

Reaction score
Ok, first off I know I'm going to get snide comments on this, but just exactly how are you supposed to install a vac nozzle on a swivel cuff? If you shove the thing all the way in till the v shaped ridge is inserted, it wont swivel anymore. I've been cutting the end shorter and using a good fast drying glue to hold it in, nut that just doesn't seem right.

slash007

Reaction score
I just push it on until the first ridge is in, still swivels. What brand you using?

OurTown

Reaction score
They must different brands or not compatible.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
Spray Silicone inside the cuff a freind of mine likes this set up with the nut like your talking about. I use the ones with the backwards threads in the cuff already which requires no nut. I don't know which setup works better and have always wondered.

soapy

Reaction score
I always put the nozzle in some very hot water before installing the swivel nut. They go together much easier and seem to swivel longer.

copperglobe

Reaction score
I just push it on until the first ridge is in, still swivels. What brand you using?
That's what I do. A couple years ago I asked Kleen-Rite to send me a photo of how they recommend using a swivel cuff along with the nozzle. The photo they sent me was as described. Just shoved it in until it stopped part way. That's what I've been doing since.

mac

Reaction score
OK, I’m calling bull$hit on this. This is assinine. I’ll post a picture of what it looks like when I do it. A used a lot of WD40 and the thing would not go in any farther. I get my vac stuff from KR so they should all fit, but don’t. If there is a special method to use why don’t any of the suppliers say so? It just looks like crap and I hate that.

Attachments

OurTown

Reaction score
That is definitely not all the way in and there's over an inch to go. You will know when it goes in. It will pop and be a little loose. I don't remember having that much trouble but you do have to put the cuff on a table or the ground and push the nozzle really hard. Maybe they changed manufacturers recently. We trim our nozzles back to where the barb is barely left so when the hose is screwed on it does not interfere with each other and prevent spinning.

mac

Reaction score
If KR thinks that is the way to install these they are dumber than I gave them credit for. I took off the cuff and tried to push the nozzle in. And I really pushed hard. No luck. Although I'm getting up there in years, I'm stronger than most. How would a woman operator do this? I think this is one of those odd things that no one has questioned. I mean if you put any low or high pressure hose on a fitting and it looked like the picture, most operators would say you don't know what you are doing. There, I feel better now.

Randy

Reaction score
Mac don't use WD-40, only amateurs use that crap. Are you soaking the gray part of the vac cuff in really hot water? We soak them for a few minutes in hot water put a little silicone on the nozzle and they'll slip right in.

JGinther

Zip-tie engineer
Reaction score
Maybe the problem is you are using a swivel cuff. Try using a fixed cuff instead. It is what the claw must be designed for - because obviously the swivel cuff plan sucks. When you use a fixed cuff instead, the claw snaps right in without any chemicals, heat or water needed. Also, the cuff easily spins inside the fixed cuff - mostly eliminating the need for a swivel. Just need a screw to hold the cuff from unthreading off the hose. https://www.kleen-ritecorp.com/p-820-black-vac-nozzle-adapter-2-in-hose-x-2-in-nozzle.aspx

Mchas

Reaction score
Mac, I agree. Attached is a photo of what Kleen-Rite said was how to install the nozzle into the cuff. View attachment 1905
Mine always look like that. Maybe I’ve been doing it wrong? I usually push it in as far as I can and then back it out just slightly to let it swivel better, and then put a screw straight through the cuff and nozzle to hold it in place. Seems to work but does look a bit weird.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Mac don't use WD-40, only amateurs use that crap. Are you soaking the gray part of the vac cuff in really hot water? We soak them for a few minutes in hot water put a little silicone on the nozzle and they'll slip right in.
I just heat it with a torch. When it starts smoking it's hot enough.

mac

Reaction score
Well being in south FL I don’t have hot water. If it needs to go on a nonswivel cuff why is no supplier telling us that? I just have a bad feeling when I have to force parts together.

OurTown

Reaction score
In this video you can see if you start it at about 1:50 that there is the same problem. It is just crammed in there only about 2/3 of the way.

Twodose

Reaction score
Been using these for years:

If you push really hard they snap right into place, the one your using looks different than I use.
Like ourtown mentioned I do the same way.

Last edited:
Etowah