What's new

Vac nozzles

DPX22

Reaction score
I'm assuming this would also work for long reach nozzles?

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
Finally got a pic. One of the 9 ways to skin a cat, I use wire cutters, looks like this. This nozzle is a little bit worn, I cut the notches bigger than that looks but still fairly small. Also Im not real consistent on the size - the notch on the left is smaller.

Attachments

copperglobe

Reaction score
Yesterday I notched a vac nozzle as described with my new notcher tool (Amazon)- only one vacuum (got distracted before I could do more). As I was walking around a customer told me "I really like that vacuum over there (one with the notches). It really sucks a lot more than the others".

Twodose

Reaction score
JMO but I think that if the notches were on the bottom it would work better cause the air would still be sucking from the bottom of the nozzle rather than from the holes in the top which are not touching the carpet, but both are great ideas, which really sucks...

Last edited:

MEP001

Reaction score
JMO but I think that if the notches were on the bottom it would work better cause the air would still be sucking from the bottom of the nozzle rather than from the holes in the top which are not touching the carpet, but both are great ideas, which really sucks...
I was thinking the same thing, gaps at the end of the nozzle will help flow air through the carpet and lift dirt out.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing, gaps at the end of the nozzle will help flow air through the carpet and lift dirt out.
I was thinking the same thing. If I was going to drill holes I would drill then as close to the edge as possible. I could also picture a customer thinking it was done to decrease performance so they would have to vacuum longer.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing. If I was going to drill holes I would drill then as close to the edge as possible. I could also picture a customer thinking it was done to decrease performance so they would have to vacuum longer.
I've been accused of that at lower income wash.

soapy

Reaction score
The round plastic nozzles have them molded in to the ends. When they get wore down I just use a pocket knife to notch them again.

mac

Reaction score
I had an old pair of tin snips and it did the same thing. And, WOW, what a difference ! Does not "stick" to the carpet, glides easily, and cleans like crazy. Now I have a good excuse to raise my prices.

soonermajic

Reaction score
I had an old pair of tin snips and it did the same thing. And, WOW, what a difference ! Does not "stick" to the carpet, glides easily, and cleans like crazy. Now I have a good excuse to raise my prices.
Now we're talkin , MacDaddy!!

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think Soapy's way is best; Notching them looks like it can leave some sharp edges that could scratch interior parts on cars...

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
I think Soapy's way is best; Notching them looks like it can leave some sharp edges that could scratch interior parts on cars...
I wonder if it could make sense to go back to these. It has been over 15 years since we specifically used these shown below. Notice the deep air-gaps!

MEP001

Reaction score
I quit using the big angle nozzles years ago because of the bulk stuff people will vacuum up.