What's new

VAC IT UP SYSTEM Questions

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
Hello guys i have a little 4 bay i am helping with and renovating and its in the middle of a neighborhood area in close quarters homes surrounding it and sometimes its several people sitting on there porch or walking when i pull the quarters out of the bay safes and i do not like the idea wash is very close to the road. You know how people think we are getting rich when the see and hear all the quarters being pulled out that's how ideas start as i call them. Would a vac it up be beneficial in this particular situation for safety? Are they a hassle to work & install are they reliable? Does anyone have them tied into the change machines to replenish. Do they make the Power Bill go up noticeably? Bottom line are they worth it? thanks alot for any tips on this. (currently its just 2 bays safes with star safe heads)

boywonder

Reaction score
I just bought a used on and only have it on one bay. I love it wish I had it at all my locations. They are just vacuum motors so repairs, or power usage is minimal

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
I just bought a used on and only have it on one bay. I love it wish I had it at all my locations. They are just vacuum motors so repairs, or power usage is minimal
Just curious it's a 1 bay system

boywonder

Reaction score
No its actually a 7 bay system, but were only using it as a 4 bays system. Haven't got all the lines run yet.

MEP001

Reaction score
I know there's a way to get the quarters straight into the changer, but you have to watch it if you have extra quarters. A "Vac-It-Up" system is really simple, mostly off-the-shelf parts, the only specialty thing is usually the main safe. I've seen one put together from schedule 80 conduit and plastic boxes with a motor mounted to the top, and the controls were just non-accumulating IDX timers set for something like 15 seconds and wired together with the coin acceptor.

Rfreeman

Reaction score
I have a 5 bay vac it up system that I haven't used and would part ways with. The system works when I disconnected it I just elected to keep it simple with safes in the bays. This system was installed new when the wash was built in 2006.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
In FL we have concealed carry. Have a sign on my office door that says: "Due to the increased price of ammo no warning shot will be fired."
I have had my CC also for over 10 years but am just not trying to put myself in that position if not necessary. Ain't no Quarters worth all that lol

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
I have a 5 bay vac it up system that I haven't used and would part ways with. The system works when I disconnected it I just elected to keep it simple with safes in the bays. This system was installed new when the wash was built in 2006.
I am still debating to keep it simple method or instail one. Its just I wonder how much time would be into instailing one. Is your system in good condition I am interested thank you

MEP001

Reaction score
FWIW I'm probably going to have to replace my vaults soon (They were too small 19 years ago when it was built and they're not the most secure) and when I do I'll pre-plumb for a vac-it-up system. What I'm thinking is to leave it with the two shared meter boxes connected to one safe and have a second hole for the up pipe, then if I install a vac-it-up I can just stick a 180 over the two pipes and cut part of the back of the drawer away to clear it.

mac

Reaction score
TdL you are already in that position. You are collecting cash. You are already a target. Most thieves are stupid but can cause you harm. I like being competent to face people, smile, and have my hand on my semiauto in my pocket.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
In FL we have concealed carry. Have a sign on my office door that says: "Due to the increased price of ammo no warning shot will be fired."
You don't have the one with a picture of a gun that says "We don't call 911"

mac

Reaction score
Well I’m getting older now and can’t run fast anymore, so I do keep a 911 call as an option.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
FWIW I'm probably going to have to replace my vaults soon (They were too small 19 years ago when it was built and they're not the most secure) and when I do I'll pre-plumb for a vac-it-up system. What I'm thinking is to leave it with the two shared meter boxes connected to one safe and have a second hole for the up pipe, then if I install a vac-it-up I can just stick a 180 over the two pipes and cut part of the back of the drawer away to clear it.
FWIW & possibly relevant ... some self service coin op laundromat owners have successfully went to giving out dollar coins only & only accepting dollar coins. That helped the "too small" of vaults &/or coin box problem. Of course there are other "usually merchant fee" related alternatives along with high valued tokens. The "secure enough" would still be a consideration.

MEP001

Reaction score
FWIW & possibly relevant ... some self service coin op laundromat owners have successfully went to giving out dollar coins only & only accepting dollar coins. That helped the "too small" of vaults &/or coin box problem. Of course there are other "usually merchant fee" related alternatives along with high valued tokens. The "secure enough" would still be a consideration.
I and others have told you multiple times how we can't even get dollar coins.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
I and others have told you multiple times how we can't even get dollar coins.
Something that needs to be corrected & yes that is actually IMHO one of the roles gov't at every level should be part of!

Like gross receipt tax legislation correction ... it should not happen by feeble & misleading anonymous citizens on internet forums that allow "fixing in & altering of others' posts' quotes"! I know in my heart of hearts that ... the founder of this forum William Pitzer would stop that kind of BS before it got out of hand! I am referring to https://www.carwashforum.com/threads/politicians-on-the-take-one-tx-carwash.18718/ post #6 & its accompanying gutless cheerleaders!

Etowah