What's new

VAc Island Canopy LED option

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Thinking of replacing 8' Fluorescent Under Canopy Vac Island Lights with LED option. Lights illuminate canopy as well as islnd underneath. Opinions on suitable LED replacements?

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
Someone posted a while back about installing 20-30 amp led lights on the vac and shine it in the car.
I was thinking about installing them 6-8 ft. on the tall light post above the vacs and shine it directly into the car so that illuminates the interior of the car to give the customers better interior lighting.
I’ve been very pleased with these that I installed 10’- 12’ ft. on the light post on my exit driveway.
ASD 30W LED Floodlight 5000K (Daylight) Commercial Grade SMD Outdoor Landscape Security Waterproof UL Listed DLC Certified

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
My area lighting illuminates vehicle interiors. This is more for show by illuminating the vacs and canopy.

MEP001

Reaction score
Thinking of replacing 8' Fluorescent Under Canopy Vac Island Lights with LED option. Lights illuminate canopy as well as islnd underneath. Opinions on suitable LED replacements?
From what I can find, the least expensive way to do this is to convert the fixture to accept four 4' bulbs and use a LED tube that doesn't require a ballast. The 8' tubes are a lot more expensive. Otherwise you might be better off just taking down what's in there now and replacing them with a good brand LED fixture.

Randy

Reaction score
You’ve got a few options. Is your 8’ Fluorescent light a single tube or double? Is it in an enclosure? I took out my 8’ HO Fluorescent bulbs and installed 8’ LED bulbs a number of years ago, they still look nice at night. I wanted to keep the plastic enclosures is the only reason I went with 8’ LED bulbs, fast and clean install. I’ve bought some fixtures from this company http://www.smartlightingsolutions.com/led-fixtures.html there pretty good to deal with. Or you can convert the 8’ fluorescent over to 2 - 4’ bulbs. There are a lot of conversion kits available.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
We have the TSS 6ft led lights in our vac island for a test and that was 3 years ago and they are still there. LOL

MEP001

Reaction score

bighead

Reaction score
I've done what mep has said at 2 different washes of mine on Coleman canopies, except I just installed 2-4' bulbs the length of the 8' canopy (as opposed to 4 which would replicate the 2 -8') ... they give out plenty of light...

They make a conversion kit to turn the 8' fixture into 2- 4' one (it's basically a metal mount with a spot for 4 tombstones that you install in the middle of the 8' fixture)... take some pics of what you have and take it to an electrical supply shop, they should be able to help you out.

I went with a brighter kelvin as well

Earl Weiss

Reaction score

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
I only used one fixture per canopy. Mounted it into the provided stainless steel clips. I put a wire tie around each clip for additional holding power. Very pleased so far. I think I will be using more around my washes...inside equipment rooms etc. I want to try them behind my backlit pole signs also.

MEP001

Reaction score