What's new

Vac Cuff on Vac Hose

MEP001

Reaction score
DavidM said:
We have been using a small stainless steel screw, I think a 1/2" #8 through the cuff and into the hose. It is easy to put in and take out and short enough that we don't have problems with it catching debris inside the hose.
I did have someone try to remove the screws once, but since there was a Nylock nut inside they couldn't get them out.

I did take some pictures - I'll try to find them and post with what I did.

MEP001

Reaction score
First I cut the cuff just above the ridge that's supposed to lock the claw in the cuff (Customers will still pull the claw out). If you don't cut the claw it protrudes into the hose and prevents it from swiveling.

I insert the claw and drill holes on either side and insert #6 x 3/8" truss head screws.

I install and tighten the Nylock nuts to hold the claw in the cuff.

There's nothing inside sharp enough to catch debris.

I've done this with the regular swivel cuffs and the swivel-nut type, and it works on both. I prefer the swivel-nut because they swivel better, but they are more easily damaged if they get run over.

I order ten claws and cuffs at a time and assemble them all at once - it takes about five minutes to do them.

I'll take some pics of the procedure I use with double-sided tape to hold them on.

Last edited:

Bucksavage

Reaction score
Boot Dryers

Another wash owner said people steal them for boot dryers. I guess if you stick them in a boot hooked up to a hair dryer it works pretty good.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Good thread. I missed the part about scuffing them up before applying Gorilla Glue