What's new

V-Blog #30-- Real Vending Numbers Supply Proof of the T L C Model and Sore Thumb The

Uncle Sam

Reaction score
After many years of operating computer-controlled vendors at my own washes and receiving sporadic sales numbers from ShurVend customers, I came to the unconventional conclusion that the computer-controlled vendor needs to be installed IN (not near) the vacuum island area of a wash for high vending sales volume. I wrote an article for the PC&D magazine that was published in August, 2007 proposing the T L C model for car wash vending. The article is also in the AutoCareForum Library http://www.autocareforum.com/vending.html That proposal was modified to the T L S C model in July, 2009 with my post in the ShurVend Users section of the AutoCareForum on the ?Sore Thumb Theory of Merchandising?. (V-Blog #29)

I had no organized and consistent real world numbers that would support these ideas and theories until just recently. One of our customers, who came from another industry and is a ?numbers? guy, has kept very meticulous records over a period of 11 years starting with his first wash (before ShurVend) and has shared some of his records with ShurVend since the purchase of his first vendor. He started in 1998 with one wash and eventually grew to operate 4 wash ?Stores? as he calls them. He started with one ShurVend ?39? vendor in 2002 and added the same model to Stores #2, #3, & #4 until all were installed by October, 2004. (He sold Store #1 in June, 2007, but the ShurVend is still operating there.) These are not vague, anecdotal, hearsay, or opinions about the sales numbers as you often see in many posts; these are real world, take to the bank dollars from vending sales. The customer maintains a 60% profit margin on his vending sales and his vending sales remain a fairly constant 11% of his total gross Store sales even in these difficult times.

My next few Blogs will detail the numbers of each Store?s vending sales over the years as we all learned how to obtain vending sales success.

Uncle Sam :)