What's new

UTAH - False refund claims

Jet-Stream

Reaction score
People are putting $10 or $20 in bill changers then claiming that the machine did not pay out, when in fact they did. They typically call from blocked numbers and will give you boghus contact info if requested.

Do not give any refunds unless you can verify that the machine in fact did not function properly.

Just don't be overly trusting as many operators in Utah are.
LJ

MEP001

Reaction score
We recently had some jackass call and claim he lost a $10 bill in EACH side of the changer. The audit showed it wasn't over. The guy who called didn't leave a call back number, and I saw him on the surveillance video returning to the bay where his car was with a handful of quarters, then make the call. I now have a camera mounted directly over the changer that would have caught him in his lie if it had been there at the time.

JustClean

Reaction score
We recently had some jackass call and claim he lost a $10 bill in EACH side of the changer. The audit showed it wasn't over. The guy who called didn't leave a call back number, and I saw him on the surveillance video returning to the bay where his car was with a handful of quarters, then make the call. I now have a camera mounted directly over the changer that would have caught him in his lie if it had been there at the time.
Another good place to mount a camera is inside the glass vendor :)
You will get a nice shot of their face when they're checking out how to break in. :)))