What's new

Using the stop selection to stop Cryptopay

mjc3333

Reaction score
I need to know how I can use the stop selection to stop the Cryptopay system. I've had too many failed stop buttons and would like customers to start using stop or off to end the charges. I think I can use a plc wired into the system to do it, just need some more insight. Thanks

MEP001

Reaction score
I have done it with the Hamilton D.A.N. system and a programmable relay. Assuming you only have the HP motor on the second stack of the rotary switch (and assuming you have rotary switches) all you need to do is connect all the other outputs together and run the two wires into the relay. If you have three unused wires in your bundle, you could put the relay in the ER and run four bays off one relay. If your boxes are back-to-back, you could put the relay in one box and run two bays off one relay.

You'll have to open up the Cryptopay reader and add wires to the button (I've done this too, I just snipped the gray wires off the board and soldered them to the button terminals). I wrote the program so after five seconds of not receiving power it would pulse-close the output. We went from six or seven complaints a week to none, ever again.

mjc3333

Reaction score
I have done it with the Hamilton D.A.N. system and a programmable relay. Assuming you only have the HP motor on the second stack of the rotary switch (and assuming you have rotary switches) all you need to do is connect all the other outputs together and run the two wires into the relay. If you have three unused wires in your bundle, you could put the relay in the ER and run four bays off one relay. If your boxes are back-to-back, you could put the relay in one box and run two bays off one relay.

You'll have to open up the Cryptopay reader and add wires to the button (I've done this too, I just snipped the gray wires off the board and soldered them to the button terminals). I wrote the program so after five seconds of not receiving power it would pulse-close the output. We went from six or seven complaints a week to none, ever again.
This is exactly what I need. I have 8 position 2 stack switches. The HP motors are the only items on the second stack.

I lost you on the "connect all the other outputs" etc. None of my bays are back to back. Just need a little more detail.

What PLC would work (model / brand etc.)

Can I just have the PLC shut off the power to the Cryptopay swiper momentarily to accomplish the same thing as pushing the stop button?

Does the PLC have to be in the bay box or in the equipment room?

Sorry for all the questions, maybe a little diagram

Thanks in advance

MEP001

Reaction score
I lost you on the "connect all the other outputs" etc. None of my bays are back to back. Just need a little more detail.
All the unused outputs on the second stack would get jumpered together for another output. Those two outputs need to go to the relay so it knows when something other than "STOP" is selected.

What PLC would work (model / brand etc.)
I've always used Siemens LOGO! relays, but there's an IDEC brand that's the same and might be a little cheaper depending on the source.

Can I just have the PLC shut off the power to the Cryptopay swiper momentarily to accomplish the same thing as pushing the stop button?
I don't know, I would assume you would lose the transaction if you power the unit down. The Hamilton unit would.

Does the PLC have to be in the bay box or in the equipment room?
If you have enough spare wires, you could put the relay in the room and use one for up to four bays. If you don't have have at least three unused, you'd have to put it in the meter box or run more wires.

If you have to use one relay per bay, you can always get creative with the unused inputs/outputs. I used one to blow down the bay hose with air to speed product to the gun, and one for a motor on/off delay.