What's new

Using some form of automatic rotary brush to scrum vinyl walls

Scott220

Reaction score
Anyone have any suggestions on what kind of automatic rotary brush to scrub soiled vinyl walls? Walls are now 14 yrs old and the walls in the touch-free bays have slowly gotten away from me. Handbays are fine. My shoulders can't handle the motion anymore . Possibly some form of an automatic rotary scrubber that will do most of the work with acid and still not etch the vinyl. So if anyone has any suggestion on what kind would be greatly appreciated.

mac

Reaction score
So cleaners like Nu Wall don't work? It might be that because the auto bay uses stronger chemicals, they have discolored it over the years.

Randy

Reaction score
So cleaners like Nu Wall don't work? It might be that because the auto bay uses stronger chemicals, they have discolored it over the years.
Mac, I think he’s physically not able to handle a brush anymore. Kind of like you and me, we’re getting old, can't do all the things I used to do when I was 55.

Reaction score
I use aluminate and its pretty much spray on spray off cleaned up 30years old walls like new
let it sit at least 10 15 minutes for stubborn stains and dont dilute it
good luck

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Mac, I think he’s physically not able to handle a brush anymore. Kind of like you and me, we’re getting old, can't do all the things I used to do when I was 55.
I agree with Randy. If I have to scrub a wall it ain't gonna get cleaned. My shoulders just can't take it and I'm nowhere near as old as Randy. I've always wondered if there was a rotating brush attachment as well.

Etowah

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
I use aluminate and its pretty much spray on spray off cleaned up 30years old walls like new
good luck
What is Aluminate? What does it cost? And where do you get it?

Thanks

Reaction score
I get it from National Pride
U can buy online
$70 5gallon
It burns
I don't cut mine
U should dilute to half and try if not just lay it on . Becarefull at full strength around certain plastics and metals.
On SS it's amazing, concrete, walls etc
I hose everything down with it every spring.
On the dirtiest walls let it sit .
If you're spraying a brick wall get the wall wet first that way the bricks are soaked otherwise the bricks will suck in the chemical and then it will always be bleach out.
Rinse thoroughly
Work in sections
Also works as ground clear for grass

sparkey

Reaction score
good luck
Ontario Car Wash....Check your private messages. I sent you a message on an unrelated matter.

sparkey

Reaction score
I second the aluminate. Its from Warsaw carwash chemical company. I've tried other wall cleaners like Nu Wall but it didn't work near as well as this stuff does.

Scott220

Reaction score
Thanks guy! Normally I do walls 2-3 times a year. Health issue prevented me from doing for a little over a year and now my walls are almost grey. I've used aluminate in the past but still didn't cut thru without repeated agitation. Still feel "Hot Wax" has made it more difficult to cut. I'm going to try a "drill brush" mounted on a drill motor to test then go from there. There is a product called a "Motor Scrubber" out there that is battery operated but I wonder its durability with the harsh chemicals at $500. My rotary cuffs just won't allow me to do it anymore and I hesitate to get help off the street due to using the acids. Wish me luck!

Last edited:

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
There are a lot of youtube videos on that scrubber. The ads state a 4-5 hr run time! I was thinking no way till I saw it comes with a backpack battery supply....It might have potential...Let us know how it works out for you.