What's new

Using Nayax VPOS Touch and Unitec Wash Select 2 with Pulse

Dipdog3

Reaction score
Recently bought a car wash that has an old Wash Select 2 pay station. The WS2 is currently setup to accept codes only, no bills, no coins. The credit card reader is the old modem type and hasn't worked in years. I contacted a Unitec vendor, but the cost to upgrade the credit card reader was cost-prohibitive, and even after the upgrade, the WS2 wouldn't be chip-enabled. I considered Cryptopay, but it is still swipe only and would undoubtedly need to be upgraded in the near future.

So in the end I felt like a Nayax VPOS Touch is the best option. I read that some people on this forum created a custom board to use MDB, but I think I could just use Pulse directly. Nayax recommended against using Pulse because it would require a customer to select the wash on the WS2 as well as the Nayax VPOS Touch meaning a customer could be overcharged for a wash.

I am assuming that I can DISABLE "Forced Selection" on the WS2, and the WS2 would automatically be armed for the correct wash once the pulses are sent from the Nayax VPOS Touch, or is there something I am missing?

Has anyone else got a Nayax VPOS Touch and WS2 to work with Pulse? Any insights would be appreciated.

Randy

Reaction score
What you want to do will work but your going to have to have one price for your wash packages. Costco has been doing it that way for years and it's worked out well.

Dipdog3

Reaction score
What you want to do will work but your going to have to have one price for your wash packages. Costco has been doing it that way for years and it's worked out well.
I have 3 different wash prices. Why do need only one price for it to work?

Randy

Reaction score
You need some way of interfacing the Nayax or the USA Tech reader and the controller of the equipment that you’re trying retro fit the Nayax or the USA Tech reader on to. To the best of my knowledge no one has produced this interface. I'll check with my sources but I haven't of any progress in well over 6 months months. The Nayax or the USA Tech card reader system is primarily made for the vending industry.

RSF

Reaction score
You may want to contact Mike Loe, I believe MANLO is his member name., he has a board that will allow for unit to charge the correct amount by selecting the wash.
If you use the nayax without an interconnect bd, it is going to make you set amounts to charge for each wash on the nayax, and the unit will see them as a cash transaction. The customer will have to select the wash and select the correct amount on the nayax (because the WSII can't see the nayax, only the pulses sent). Asking a customer to do all that will be quite a problem, as they already have issues with normal interaction with pay stations.
If the customer selects a cheaper wash than the amount selected on the nayax, it will give change back and that is a no-no! Cannot give money for a CC transaction. There are threads about this if you search