What's new

Using coupons in a bill acceptor

Sequoia

AKA Duane H- 3 bay SS
Reaction score
At the WCA show I saw the new coinco bill acceptor. It has a feature where it will accept coupons in the amount of $1, $5, and other denominations. Plus accept regular bills of course.

Does anyone know if there are versions of a MARS acceptor that can do this as well?

MEP001

Reaction score
Yes, the Mars validator commonly used in changer and auto-cashier retrofits are coupon-ready. The drawback is that it can only pulse out a cash value, which wouldn't be good for a Hamilton ACW and free washes because they could just insert the coupon and get cash out.

Randy

Reaction score
The MEI coupons are only available from this company http://mei.anro.com

I believe only the newer Mars validators are capable of accepting the coupons, models manufacture in 2006 and later.

mjc3333

Reaction score
Mars coupons

Mars does in fact have coupons for the ME
I 2600 series acceptor, however the price per coupon is outrageous and then some! I have used the Hamilton token notes for 11 years, and am quite satisfied. At only about 10 cents per note they are a grest value. If you went with the Mars coupons, they will set you back anywhere from $2.50 per coupon to just under 75 cents per coupon.... unless you feel you need say.... 50,000 coupons. Then the price comes a little closer to the Hamilton token notes. I considered switching to the Mars coupons along with a retrofit Mars validator kit to vend (coupons / token notes) for coin tokens, and decided to stick with the Hamilton token notes. They are mcuh easier on the $$, and can be valued at almost any denomination. I just cannot see spending over $2.00 for a piece of paper that will only last maybe 10 or 20 runs thru the validator.