What's new

Using a PLC in Self Serve Wash

softsuds

Reaction score
Those of you that are using a PLC to control your SS wash, what brand / model are you using ?

To be honest, its just something I would like to play around with and see what I can make one do. :)

Rudy

Reaction score
I use a Moeller Easy 512 for a lot of my Car Wash projects since it can use 24V AC. In fact, it was the only PLC that I could find that worked with 24V AC.....

O

ONEcard

We use the OL06 from Automation Direct. Have over a 100 in the field they work like a champ.

Plc's give you a lot a flexabillity that you just cant get out of a car wash timer.

We have used multiple time price built in door controls voice etc the options are just in your imagination

Zack

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
We use the OL06 from Automation Direct. Have over a 100 in the field they work like a champ.
Not all of them worrk like a champ - I have a system from Zack with OL06s in it, and the system does not work at all; it has been a total loss for me so far. (My lawyer is working on that.)

MEP001

Reaction score
I've been using the Logo! series for some time. I first designed a tri-foam controller with it, and I've found all sorts of other uses. I use one in each bay to end the credit card transaction when the switch is turned to "STOP" because customers would often forget to press the stop button, and I utilized the extra outputs to delay the high-pressure outputs and to blow down the bay hose which speeds up the low-pressure to the gun for the next customer.

The Logo! is not a PLC but a programmable, multi-function relay. It doesn't have any "logic," so it can't do things like create an accumulating timer or bonus-time feature without an incredibly complicated ladder program. I tried creating a simple accumulating timer program, and just building it to allow 12-coin accumulation it exceeded the memory of the basic Logo!.

You can get a startup kit from Siemens which includes one Logo!, software and cable for about the price of just the one Logo! and cable.

softsuds

Reaction score
Go to the Library and look under presentations.
Bill,

Nice Presentation. Thats exactly what I was looking for. I'm going to purchase one and learn to use it. Any suggestions on a good self teach, DVD Course, etc.. I should pick up ? I would like a class but its hard with my schedule.
thanks

-Brandon

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
This is a brief decent online tutorial:
http://www.plcs.net/contents.shtml

I also have the book from this guy. It's mirrors a lot of what is online, but is still pretty decent.

I attended a three day training seminar at Automation direct warehouse in Atlanta hosted by innerconnecting automation. It was pretty good. Doug Bell is really sharp and an absolute PLC whiz. I have probably forgotten 90% of what I learned. I remember he really pushed stage programing because of it's ease of troubleshooting.

http://www.interconnectingautomation.com/

Drifting off topic, while there for class we were given a tour of the facility by the founder of Automation Direct. It is a very modern, interesting, company with a lot of unique theory Z management type philosophies. The founder was a total geek. He even had "the geek laugh". His office was decorated in star trek decor- I'm talking murals of the Enterpise, etc.....

Last edited:

bigleo48

Reaction score
The LOGO 24RC does 24 VAC. I have a few and they have gone down in price lately.