What's new

Used Tire Shine machines

soonermajic

Reaction score
Anybody here would get a used Tire shine machine, for a tunnel or IBA Xpress model?
I ask, cause they're crazy expensive. Seems like it would take forever to get your money back.
Or, is a used Tire Machine something to stay away from?
I know used dryers are a very smart business decision

Rfreeman

Reaction score
Anybody here would get a used Tire shine machine, for a tunnel or IBA Xpress model?
I ask, cause they're crazy expensive. Seems like it would take forever to get your money back.
Or, is a used Tire Machine something to stay away from?
I know used dryers are a very smart business decision
Personally I wouldn't buy any car wash equipment new it's all over priced. The only piece of equipment I would buy new would be an automatic if I was switching brands but if I ever decide to put a unit in at my other site I would be completely comfortable buying a used softgloss

slash007

Reaction score
I bought 2 used Belanger IBA Tire Shine units and they are great. Fraction of the cost of buying new. I charge $3 as an add on and include them in my top wash for $3 extra taking it from $12 to $15

OurTown

Reaction score
I bought 2 used Belanger IBA Tire Shine units and they are great. Fraction of the cost of buying new. I charge $3 as an add on and include them in my top wash for $3 extra taking it from $12 to $15

Can you shine dually tires?

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
You might want to check out the Viper Shine unit. .. Lots less expensive and lower maintenance than most units although the cost per application is higher, and components with a life expectancy - Solenoid valves, tapeswitches are off the shelf easy replacements.

OurTown

Reaction score
You might want to check out the Viper Shine unit. .. Lots less expensive and lower maintenance than most units although the cost per application is higher, and components with a life expectancy - Solenoid valves, tapeswitches are off the shelf easy replacements.

It looks like it gets it on the wheel too. Is that the case?

slash007

Reaction score
Washes Duallys fine. I have a thread here from the past with pictures, I'll look for it.

OurTown

Reaction score
Washes Duallys fine. I have a thread here from the past with pictures, I'll look for it.

Do you ever have the rear wheels drive over it? I assume it has to be installed at a wider stance for duallys so does it shine both sides of really narrow cars that are a little off center?

OurTown

Reaction score
I see from this video that it looks like it would work fine for duallys.

soonermajic

Reaction score
My site, & original post, will NOT be a conveyor. So the Viper prolly won't work. Not a bad idea though, even though it looks like it might get on the wheels...

OurTown

Reaction score
It looks like most are made for conveyor washes.

Axxlrod

Car Washer
Reaction score
I put in a tire shine unit when I built my last tunnel about 10 years ago. I fought that thing for about a year, and then finally yanked it out. It wouldn't apply chemical to larger truck tires, so those customers complained, and on cars with low profile tires, like all European cars, it would put dirty chemical all over the wheel, so those customers complained.

I ripped the unit out and it sat in my warehouse for years until I tossed it.

$13K mistake.

I won't be putting in a tire shine in my next tunnel either.

OurTown

Reaction score
I put in a tire shine unit when I built my last tunnel about 10 years ago. I fought that thing for about a year, and then finally yanked it out. It wouldn't apply chemical to larger truck tires, so those customers complained, and on cars with low profile tires, like all European cars, it would put dirty chemical all over the wheel, so those customers complained.

I ripped the unit out and it sat in my warehouse for years until I tossed it.

$13K mistake.

I won't be putting in a tire shine in my next tunnel either.

After seeing all the different designs out there that some probably work better than others. What was the one you had that did not work very well?

Axxlrod

Car Washer
Reaction score
I had the Motor City Super Shiner. Most units now have rotating brushes with bristles. But they don't seem to do any better.

I went through a brand new $8M express wash last week in my Audi, and it put black goo all over my wheels.

Same result.