What's new

used friction machine

wash4me

Reaction score
If you could buy a 10 year old Belanger Freestyler or a 10 year old Ryko Softgloss in similar condition which would it be. I understand the perils of used equipment.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
10 years ago the Freestyler was not on the market that long. The Softgloss has been a proven performer for a long time. If they are in a similar condition I vote for the Softgloss.

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
I would consider Belanger because it’s designed for retail market whereas Ryko is designed primarily for petroleum sites.

Typically, there are compatibility issues with Ryko technology (i.e. POS) or lack thereof.

slash007

Reaction score
I have a soft gloss and it works great. But to be honest, I really like the open bay of the Freestyler and would switch to that if I had the chance. I don't know about reliability though, so you would need opinions on that. The soft gloss has been pretty reliable and easy to work on.

wash4me

Reaction score
How much is a 10 year old softgloss worth? Looks like i can buy it for $7500. Would need new foam to make it look good. It has no triple foam or wheel scrubs. I have a bay but would need doors also. My Goldline would need some parts as I have robbed them to keep the other unit going.

Ryko CS

Reaction score
I have a Hamilton Goldline. Should this be compatible with the Ryko Softgloss?
Yes, a SoftGloss can be used with a Hamilton Goldline. If it is 10 years old, it likely has an FX2N PLC installed. This would require the addition of a Wash Combination Selector to receive the arming bits and arm the packages. There will be a setup question for "other arming" that would need to be answered "YES".

Ryko CS

Reaction score
You can clean the FoamBrite using Dawn dishwashing soap. This would get rid of the dirt. If the are faded, you would need to replace the material if you are concerned about the looks.

Ryko CS

Reaction score
If you are looking at the machine from the exit end, look up at the frame where the two uprights are for the top brush pivot bearings. The blue serial number plate should be on that left upright as viewed from the exit.