What's new

Used Friction machine

wash4me

Reaction score
I am in the market for a used friction in bay automatic. From reading here it seems I want a Ryko, Mark VII, Istobal or similar. I'm wanting something I can make look almost new when it's installed. Thanks

soapy

Reaction score
Check with Astromatic in Texas. They offer several different used IBA.

mac

Reaction score
Well good luck Wash4me, you'll need it. I think that many if not most of the operators who visit here, would be very cautious about buying a machine they knew little about. This is not like buying a used power drill at a garage sale. Even if you got a free machine, it would most likely cost you $25,000 to transport, install, and run all the utilities, not including the money acceptor. So you do this from someone you don't know, and hope they are not only legitimate, but also competent. Yes, we all want to get a good deal, but you need to keep a strong grip on your checkbook before you but something from a stranger in a business you are new to. Feel free to send me a PM if you want to hire someone to assist you with this. And welcome to our industry.

JustClean

Reaction score
Someone asked me once: Why would you buy someone else's problems?
Okay, you CAN get a good deal on a second hand machine (foreclosure, etc) but you could also get a handful of trouble. Just image a fine day and the #$%^ machine is playing up and you will be called out to the machine 10 times a day...You have to do your homework.

Rfl6543

Reaction score
Used friction machine

I am in the market for a used friction in bay automatic. From reading here it seems I want a Ryko, Mark VII, Istobal or similar. I'm wanting something I can make look almost new when it's installed. Thanks
Pm me and I might have some options for you.

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
I wouldn't be a bit afraid to buy a used softgloss since I have a tech that is qualified to install it. That is exactly what I should do if I had the time to devote to my wash that it should get. I would guess that most cw failures are not due to faulty equipment but poor locations and poor managerial skills, not to mention way too much competition. Plus there are areas where friction just doesn't fly. Mine stays pretty busy if it's not raining.

MikeV

Reaction score
I have installed several "used" machines. All are operating with a minimum of problems. I think a lot of the potential problems go away with a knowledgeable tech to install them and handle any problems that may arise at start up.

mac

Reaction score
Ah Mike, that's the rub as they say. Having a knowledgable tech. In many parts of the country they are in short supply. I think the problem arises because there are basically no real, written standars for our "industry. Shoot, anybody can sell the stuff, and you don't even need a fishing license to work on them.