What's new

Upsell's on Washworld Razor 3

washregal

Reaction score
I have a Razor 3 installed with currently only one upsell - The bug a salt - I am using a Standard GXP paystation that gives me the ability for 3 more upsells a total of 4.. Has anyone installed more than one upsell on a Razor 3? Is it possible?

Eric H

Reaction score
only 1 buy-up available UNLESS WW has changed this on a software release in the past year. I'm planning on calling WW this week to get the latest software before winter arrives.
The Razor Edge offers 4 buy-ups.
Do you have something that you'd like to offer as a buy-up? I have Salt Neutralizer that I offer in winter instead of Bug-Off.
I have some Kleen-Rite Liquid Blue Blaze presoak that I am going to play with. It is a foaming presoak similar to a lave bath. I can apply with the Hyperflex on the EDGE machine but will have to be through the arch or flex bar on the Razor 3 machine. The biggest problem with the product is it has a 900 to 1 dilution ratio.

washregal

Reaction score
I would love to have those buy up options.. I am sort of disappointed they are not there.. Hoping WW will consider an upgrade for this - perhaps someone can Mguiver something on this - to me it should be logical.. I was thinking a Rain X for sure.. current buy up is Bug A Salt

slash007

Reaction score
Hmm in a previous thread I asked and was told that you could do 4 buyups. I was asking if they were limited to a certain function and response was that you could do anything you wanted basically.

washregal

Reaction score
Hey Slash - this is on the Razor 3 I am told.. not the Edge.. I am still confirming what might be available as it would increase my ticket significantly if I can add these upsells.

Etowah

22MVR22

Reaction score
Razor 3 has 1 buy up input. You can program more than 1 buy up in the wash packages, but when a buy up is triggered, all buy ups that are programmed will be added to the package. Razor 4 has 4 separate inputs for buy ups, making it possible to program multiple buy ups in a package just like Razor 3, but have the customer choose individual buy ups options.

washregal

Reaction score
22 - The capability of the buy ups however are on the Razor 3 though correct? just not the input's which is a programming feature? WW referenced to me that it has to do with PLC space / capability. If that is the thought that it references space and the RAzor 4 will have these onboard options.. might there be an upgrade to Razor 3 in terms of programming to make these upsells become a feature for that community? I know I am missing out on alot of revenue by not having these features.. You can only go so far on Bug a salt... Really my fault for not digging into that when I bought the machine... I just assumed that those upsells would be there. Dont get my wrong.. Love the razor!... Just feel these features should be for the most part standard.. as they are on every other machine in the market.

22MVR22

Reaction score
22 - The capability of the buy ups however are on the Razor 3 though correct? just not the input's which is a programming feature? WW referenced to me that it has to do with PLC space / capability. If that is the thought that it references space and the RAzor 4 will have these onboard options.. might there be an upgrade to Razor 3 in terms of programming to make these upsells become a feature for that community? I know I am missing out on alot of revenue by not having these features.. You can only go so far on Bug a salt... Really my fault for not digging into that when I bought the machine... I just assumed that those upsells would be there. Dont get my wrong.. Love the razor!... Just feel these features should be for the most part standard.. as they are on every other machine in the market.
Any cycle on Razor 3 can be programmed as a buy up, but they cannot be individually selected by the customer because there is only 1 input available on the Razor 3 PLC. Example: Wash 1 has Bug A Salt as a buy up, and FNF as a buy up. The customer cannot choose to only buy FNF and not Bug A Salt or only buy Bug A Salt and not FNF. If they purchase the Buy Up, they will get both Bug A Salt and FNF. Razor 4 has room for more than 1 buy up input as it has a second PLC.