What's new

Update on small carwash in Kansas

area123

Reaction score
Its been a while since I posted so thought I'd give an update. In case some of you don't remember, i bought this carwash in February and got some valuable advice from this site and some other car wash owners. It is in a small Southeast Kansas town (Coffeyville, KS). Things are going well. Turns out that our sales are much better than previous years going by the sellers records, and profit margins are great compared with what we expected. But we have really cleaned up the place and painted, added new things like a pop machine, 4 station mechanical vendor, additional vacuum, wax and new signage, etc. we're not done but its coming along great.

Below is the facebook page I just made today if anyone is interested to see (feel free to like it as well and we'll return the favor if you have a facebook page for your wash), has any suggestions to further improve sales, etc.. Things we still need to do are new pavement on the approaches, better sign and more painting and awnings for the back side. Not sure what else we can add to increase sales in the bays beyond the wax and re formatting the switch positions per suggestions from the site and Randy..

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Walnut-Car-Wash/1673575572863558

Ptjanis95

Reaction score
Very interesting set up! being from the city i am used to more traffic and higher prices. seems like your prices are pretty low. depending on your competition i would consider raising them to see if you can add some more revenue. other than that i like what you're doing. cleaning up the place, keeping everything clean and NOT broken is what customers like to see. it shows that you really care about what you're doing. being in a small town, I'm sure word of mouth will be important for your wash. I'm sure people notice that your place is sharp looking. the only thing i would recommend is paving the lot, even if you have to do it a little at a time. we just spent a ton of $$ on asphalt paving in the last couple of weeks. its not that cheap where I'm from.. but it was definitely worth it for us. good luck to you !!

area123

Reaction score
Our prices are about the same as others here. In fact we raised them about 15% just by setting the time back to 1 minute rather than 1:10.

washnshine

Reaction score
Congratulations - the place looks nice and I'm glad you are making upgrades. It's great that you are using a premium product like Simoniz Hot Wax in your self serve. This product is primarily a huge up-sell in tunnels, but offering it to your SS customers gives you a distinct advantage over your competitors using the standard SS spray wax.

Good luck and keep us posted on the progress and pictures as you continue to upgrade.

chaz

Reaction score
What are your s/s and vac prices and times. 25 cent start sounds crazy.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
only things I would recomend adding at least one hand held dryer to the bay's and credit cards like eports usa technology is what I have for years or crypto pay. And chunck the chemicals to it stand out vs the competition make sure everything works good all the time. I like the set up little Carwash low overhead low maintaince wish I had a small one it would look busy all the time. Keep it up.

Jeff_L

Reaction score
Add credit cards with a count up method, you won't regret it.