What's new

Up and Running

James.Ireland

Reaction score
Hi all,

Yesterday I re-opened my late father's car wash that had sat abandoned for more than 5 years. I wanted to say thank you to all those who helped me out with answers to my questions and also show a couple pictures of where I started and where I am today. I know I still have a long way to go but I'm proud of myself for getting this old wash back in service.

Before:

Exterior Before.jpg

After:

Exterior After.jpg

Before:

Coinbox Before.jpg

After:

Coinbox After.jpg

Next priority is signage.

There is also an old Ryko R7B quietly corroding away in the building but I'm hoping to get the financials in good enough shape to replace it with a newer touchless wash some time in the future. Anyone want to buy a low hour R7B?

James.Ireland

Reaction score
What an improvement!
I’m truly impressed with what you did to make the SS meter boxes look modern. It’s incredible the impact a simple decal can make.
Thanks Eric. I hadn’t worked at a car wash since moving away from my hometown 15 years ago. There was a lot to try to remember.

washnshine

Reaction score
Hi all,

Yesterday I re-opened my late father's car wash that had sat abandoned for more than 5 years. I wanted to say thank you to all those who helped me out with answers to my questions and also show a couple pictures of where I started and where I am today. I know I still have a long way to go but I'm proud of myself for getting this old wash back in service.

Before:

View attachment 6160

After:

View attachment 6161

Before:

View attachment 6158

After:

View attachment 6159

There is also an old Ryko R7B quietly corroding away in the building but I'm hoping to get the financials in good enough shape to replace it with a newer touchless wash some time in the future. Anyone want to buy a low hour R7B?
Beautiful updates!

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
Hi all,

Before:

View attachment 6160

After:

View attachment 6161

Before:

View attachment 6158

After:

View attachment 6159

Great job James! The car wash looks very clean & modern. I appreciate your posting BEFORE and AFTER photos. I'm very proud of your efforts and I'm sure your late father is too!! 👏❤

Thomas Miller

Banned
Reaction score
Or whenever you're next at the wash could you take a picture of the R7B?

Nd365

Reaction score
Hi all,

Before:

View attachment 6160

After:

View attachment 6161

Before:

View attachment 6158

After:

View attachment 6159

Can you show pictures of the machine?

Etowah