What's new

Unloader GP2124

Etowah

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
need to replace my unloader for tunnel top blaster. (I think it's a PDQ unit) It has a yellow spring and has GP2124 stamped in the body.

If i do a Search on the net a YU2140 shows up wih agreen spring.

KR shows a 2121 with a yellow spring. Sent an e-mail to Generl Pump about the correct replacement # and no response.

can I use the 2121 from KR?

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Why are you using an unloader on a top blaster?
Because it was set up that way when I inherited it. Both for that and the wheel blasters; and

I had the same though since the outlet is always open, but I thought perhaps if the pump put out more than the jets allowed to pass at the allowable pressure there should be some reason for it to bypass.

As a side note, since I feel that with double wraps and triple mitters the blaster is more for show, I actualy plugged half the nozzles to save water. (I know the smart move is a smaller motor and pump.) Even with the unloader I had to bypass some of the high pressure back to the reservoir to keep the motor from overheating due to too much strain on the pump.

Washmee

Fullservice Tunnel
Reaction score
They make larger sizes. What pump are you using? What pressure and GPM?

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I'll have to get back to you on the size pump. been a while since I replaced he Giant BMF. Has a 15HP motor.