What's new

unlimited wash club pricing

carwashireland

Reaction score
How are you guys pricing unlimited wash clubs for iba's. Lowest monthly price you sell for and most sold pricing? We are lokking at 2.5 x our wash program pricing but keen to know what others find works.

soapy

Reaction score
We are at 2.5 on our unlimited package but I can't say it has been a huge success. I am thinking of doing the following since I also have SS bays i can offer. Customer chooses say $20 monthly package and signs up for 6 months or a year. We Bill monthly but double his wash use to use $40 per month with no carry forward of unused amount. They could up the base amount to say $30 and we would double it also. If they choose to pay up for for a year we would allow unused monthly amount to carry forward as incentive for them to pay a year up front. It is hard for a IBA to keep people honest and only use 1 car in unlimited plan.

OurTown

Reaction score
It is hard for a IBA to keep people honest and only use 1 car in unlimited plan.
You could install RFID if your pay station will support it.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
“You could install RFID if your pay station will support it.”

That’s not foolproof either. I’ve read that operators have caught people pulling up to be read, then back away and let another car use the wash.

steve569

Reaction score
We have 2 price points for our unlimited program. Our most popular is $19.99 per month which is based on our $8.00 wash. We also have a $29.99 plan that is based on our $12.00 wash. We have RFID readers at our paystations and we use the Washify Entry system to manage the Club plan.
The key to an unlimited program is to sign up as many people as you can. If you just sign up a couple of hundred of your best customers then you are not going to make any money.
If you are the type of person who worries over how some of your customers will abuse the program then you probably should not do it about 5% of you customers you will lose money on . You just have to sign up enough normal customers to offset the ones who abuse it.
It can make you money but you have to go for it . You can't half a__ it or it won't work.
IMHO

OurTown

Reaction score
“You could install RFID if your pay station will support it.”

That’s not foolproof either. I’ve read that operators have caught people pulling up to be read, then back away and let another car use the wash.
I have not thought or heard of that one and suppose some people will do anything to cheat.

soapy

Reaction score
I have rfid readers installed and had exactly happen what Pat said. They showed up with friends in the middle of the night and do it. That is why I think with a set amount in a person's rfid they would be less likely to cheat the system.

carwashireland

Reaction score
We are going to introduce a "fair usage policy" of say 6 x washes a month. Hopefully as Soapy said it will prevent abuse. Also means I won't be terrified of cab drivers signing up.

raisetheprice

Reaction score
Using touch4wash for 2 years and the base is $12.99 for 6 $6 washes per month, mid is $25 for 12 of any wash and top end $35 for 1 a day of any wash. The avg hovers around $5 a wash depending on weather. I don’t care if they wash someone else’s car, in fact that’s how I sell it against the hysteria of tunnel washes. Trying to find time to wire the vacs, you can set those to operate with 1 credit so even pay as you go app users can get a free vac. I’m going up on the coin boxes to promote lower pricing using the app, it’s much less expensive to operate than a pay station.

Last edited:

chaz

Reaction score
So I’m getting confused. I don’t offer any unlimited plans at my IBA/SS wash. But around here (Cincinnati) unlimited means just that. if you are going to limit the number of washes or have a fair use policy....that sounds more like a buy 4 get 2 free option...also pop in our area.