What's new

Unlimited Monthly Plans

JeffM

The Canadian
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has data or experience on the average usage for Monthly unlimited plans for Full-Service and EE. Moreso looking for customer usage for first 2-3 months during the "novelty" phase and then how it drops off after that.

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
Unlimited is a lot like human nature.

Offer fatty food, fast and cheap usually results in lots of fat customers who focus on price.

Unlimited is also a drug operators easily get hook on – ARM, RFID, etc.

Results can vary considerably from several hundred members to well over 1,000.

Typical use is 3 to 5 washes per month and some operators see a little more.

When unlimited use is high, it’s more difficult to up-sell higher margin services; it brings down average revenue per car considerably (about $2.00); and it increases operating expenses.

Major benefit is it allows operator option of pricing low without marketing a cheap price.

JeffM

The Canadian
Reaction score
About 5 times per month on average. I love my ARM plans.
Any idea on how often those customers came before? I'm assuming that even with the increased frequency, you have still seen an increase in revenues and profit?

Washmee

Fullservice Tunnel
Reaction score
Any idea on how often those customers came before? I'm assuming that even with the increased frequency, you have still seen an increase in revenues and profit?
I wish I could give you a good answer on how many times those customers came in before but I can't. My gut tells me they went from spending $20 per month to spending $35 per month. I had my most profitable year since 2008 in 2012.

Etowah

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
Almost all operators I have talked to about doing this say they have increased revenue. Most say that the first month or so customers probably use it at least once or twice a week and then level off to probably two or three times a month. Most said they are happy with the results especially those charging the customer's credit card monthly. Seems to really help when it rains or snows a lot.