What's new

Unitec wash select ii

Bigkeith73

Reaction score
I have a Wash Select II giving me voltage problems. The 12 vdc power supply went bad, 5 vdc still works. The voltage on 12 vdc side fluctuates. I have put a new power supply on, the only thing i hooked up was the main board. It did the exact samething. I have ordered another power supply, hasn't come in yet. Wanted to see if anybody else has experienced this problem. Don't want to fry another one. Not sure if I got a defective one in or if the board fried it somehow?

mac

Reaction score
These can be devilish issues to solve without destroying things. Ask tech support for the best procedure to use. When you talk to them, sound confident. If you sound klutzy and fry a board you might get blamed. The other thing to do is carefully remove all associated boards, go to a well lit area, get a big magnifying glass, and inspect each very closely. Any plug in chips should be carefully removed and reinserte. Look for any damage and/or corrosion. When installing the new, have only the mother board connected and look at the voltage lights. Then power down and start installing the others one by one. Sometimes a nice cold beer helps as concentration fluid, but this being winter, maybe a gin and tonic.

Bigkeith73

Reaction score
I was able to get Unitec working. Disconnected everything and started over & it worked with new power supply. Not sure what caused it, but working now?

SSadmiral

Young buck
Reaction score
if You have a piggyback voice card try removing it. This solved my intermittent voltage problems. Wouldn’t hurt to put a piece of card board between motherboard and wall. Also , double check all connections at terminal screws I have found some lose or even one stray wire outside of hole arcing. Retighten everything.

Reaction score
My power supply is going bad for the hopper, when change is suppose to be dispenced the ac shorts out and turns off and back on, can anyone tell me which power supply it is? there is 2, 1 5 and 12 volts and one 24 volts.