What's new

Unitec Wash Select II - damage/burglary

loudmouthred

Reaction score
In April our Unitec Wash Select II was vandalized in an attempt to cause the change hopper to dump the coins. According to the Service Tech, a surge of voltage is passed into the unit through the credit card reader. This causes the main board to fault. Originally I thought the damage was due to a thunderstorm and reported it to my insurance company as such.
Today it was discovered that it has been vandalized again last night, this time they attempted to drill one of the barrel locks to gain access to the inside of the machine. It took too long and they left before completing the drilling. However the unit has been electronically compromised again. The damage to the circuit boards, card reader, key pad, bill validator, modem and coin mechanism costs over $4,700.00 to repair, all for less than $150.00 in quarters. Anyone else experiencing this type of vandalism/theft? The Service Tech says there has been a rash of it on all brands of Automatic Paystations in Dallas/Fort Worth area.

mac

Reaction score
This is exactly why this site is sooo timely. I have a customer in south FL that has had what we thought was lightning damage to the tune of 4 grand. We'll see if this was the problem. Thanks for the heads up.