What's new

Unitec Was Select II

peaches

Reaction score
We had three of our wash select units hit the other night. Apparently these jerks are using some type of taser and zapping the machine causing it to drop the coins out. We have replaced three boards now. Car washes in our area have been hit multiple times. Any thoughts on how to prevent this?

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
Wow. That sounds advanced. Having had 2 of them, how are they penetrating the door and what do you think they triggered on the inside to drop the coins? Do you have them on video doing this?

Tom Thumb

Reaction score
Wow. That sounds advanced. Having had 2 of them, how are they penetrating the door and what do you think they triggered on the inside to drop the coins? Do you have them on video doing this?
You would think Unitec would contact their users and make them aware of this. but maybe not they don't on anything else.

traveler17

Reaction score
PM me and I will tell you how they are doing it. I had Unitec give me an upgraded chip that stopped them from getting anything.
Have you been hit by thieves using This technique?? How long ago did you upgrade the chip and what was cost??

APW

Reaction score
Yes. I know another forum member that was hit as well. This happened two years ago and at the time I think it was new to unitec and they gave me three chips for free. As far as I know no one has been able to do it to me again since I upgraded the chips.

traveler17

Reaction score
Yes. I know another forum member that was hit as well. This happened two years ago and at the time I think it was new to unitec and they gave me three chips for free. As far as I know no one has been able to do it to me again since I upgraded the chips.
Thank you for the heads up 👌

peaches

Reaction score

Well, they didn't give us anything for free!

peaches

Reaction score
Well, Unitec didn't give us anything for free! They acted like they knew nothing about this kind of theft.

JAGraff

Reaction score
Well, Unitec didn't give us anything for free! They acted like they knew nothing about this kind of theft.
Hi, I work for DRB/Unitec. I sent you a message on this a couple of weeks ago. Please respond with your name and contact info, and I'll get someone in touch.

peaches

Reaction score
Hi, I work for DRB/Unitec. I sent you a message on this a couple of weeks ago. Please respond with your name and contact info, and I'll get someone in touch.
I never received your message

peaches

Reaction score
I can't figure out how to get my information to you. Can you please send me an email address so I can respond to that.