What's new

Unitec problem

HCW

Reaction score
Any help is appreciated in this since unitec won't help with their product!
Five months ago I noticed the unitec system shows 2 cars used bay #1 and 1 car used bay #2 but no money registered. Since then (5~6 months ago), every day those 3 transaction register on the system. I called my dealer and he couldn't figure it out, called unitec they couldn't figure it out. Finally 2 months ago I called the region distributor and he was helpful at first and told me that it's a problem in the system that they have fixed and in one month they will update the system and that should take care of it. I called last month and he told me it will be out(update) in a week but nothing yet. I have tried to contact him in the last week but now he won't even pick up the phone. I tried to call unitec twice but I couldn't hold for more than ONE HOUR!!
It may not be a big deal but our car count is off by 90 cars a month. Lots of negative feedback about unitec on the internet, but too bad we didn't know any better.:mad:

MikeV

Reaction score
HCW, I have been dealing with Unitec for many years and have always found them helpful and responsive to my problems...which have been few and far between. Maybe there is something you're not telling us? or not telling them? I do know that they will not deal with the end user much and you need to go through your distributor. As a distributor, I don't have a problem with that.

HCW

Reaction score
Mikey, Thanks for the quick reply. It's prety simple, every day there is 3 transactions that don't even exist. when I look at the system it shows 1 car on bay #2($0) and 2 cars on bay #1($0). those 3 transactions can be found under pending transactions, two of them are cash and one is credit. There is not an option to clear them!
IMO #1 if you call a customer service of a place you purchased a product from, they should be helpfull. Every time I called regarding this issue, I hung up after being on hold for over an hour!! #2 when the regional rep doesn't pick up the phone and don't return phone calls, that's bad business. I bet you if you buy a $5 electronic from walmart and you call the 800# someone will answer(it maybe in India or.. ;) ) and try to assist you.
Thanks again.

MikeV

Reaction score
HCW, have you tried contacting Jen Ward? She usually monitors the ACF.
Jen...are you listening?

jenward

Reaction score
HCW & MikeV,
Yes, I'm listening. I was doing some research before I posted to make sure that my response is accurate.
My understanding is that HCW has had regular contact with our regional rep as well as our technical support staff. The resolution is a software release which is scheduled to occur by the end of the month (once it has undergone thorough testing).
Our customers have always been, and will continue to be, Unitec's priority and we apologize for any frustration that has led to this post. Our regional rep will be in contact with HCW again today to see what we might have missed in our communications.
Jen Ward
Unitec

HCW

Reaction score
MikeV & Jenward
I was contacted and was told the problem will be fixed soon. I sure hope so, I've been dealing with it for several month. I'll post an update when it's fixed.

MikeV

Reaction score
Jen, thanks for your timely response. You are always there when we need help.
I have another question for you. A few years ago, I upgraded my WSII card reader to the newer double sided card reader and have been very happy with it as it immediately cut down on "bad card reads". As the "go to" installer for Specialty Equipment (Futura)...now out of business... I have customers all over the country. Most of whom have the WSII at my suggestion. They are also interested in getting the new double sided card reader but are put off by the price of it. I got mine with a promotion you had and got it at a very reasonable price. Are you (Unitec) considering any other promotions for the double sided card reader. Some of my customers have 4-6 WSII's and would like to do the upgrade. Thanks for being there and doing what you do.

jenward

Reaction score
I have another question for you. A few years ago, I upgraded my WSII card reader to the newer double sided card reader and have been very happy with it as it immediately cut down on "bad card reads". As the "go to" installer for Specialty Equipment (Futura)...now out of business... I have customers all over the country. Most of whom have the WSII at my suggestion. They are also interested in getting the new double sided card reader but are put off by the price of it. I got mine with a promotion you had and got it at a very reasonable price. Are you (Unitec) considering any other promotions for the double sided card reader. Some of my customers have 4-6 WSII's and would like to do the upgrade. Thanks for being there and doing what you do.
Mike,
Thank you for your kind words. It's very much appreciated.
Please send me a private message with your contact information (including your location/territories that you service) and I will have our regional sales manager contact you regarding upgrading multiple WSIIs with the double-sided card reader.
Thanks,
Jen

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
What is Unitec's retail price for these?

HCW

Reaction score
I received several PM's regarding this issue if problem was fixed. Not yet, but soon as it is fixed I'll post it here

HCW

Reaction score
Jenward,
The problem has not been fixed yet but I thought I'll inform you that now it's showing 4 counts $0 on bay #1 instead of 2 counts $0, bay #2 is still the same error 1 count $0.

jenward

Reaction score
Jenward,
The problem has not been fixed yet but I thought I'll inform you that now it's showing 4 counts $0 on bay #1 instead of 2 counts $0, bay #2 is still the same error 1 count $0.
HCW,
Have you upgraded your software yet?
Jen

HCW

Reaction score
Jenward,
No sir, I haven't received anything nor contacted by anyone yet.

HCW

Reaction score
Now we can't accept credit cards! Internet is ok but the program will not open.
Great timing! Last 2 days 14" of snow today and the next several days sunny and 50*

Cheers

HCW

Reaction score
Forgot to mention that initial problem has not been fixed yet.

HCW

Reaction score
I called Unitec emergency line and had a great customer service. I was told that another box will be shipped on monday. I hope the new box will arrive on time and take care of both problem.

HCW

Reaction score
New box arrived and fixed cc problem. Initial prob still exist but I can live with it.