What's new

Unitec Portal Ti question

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
We have a site with two Portals that dispense $1 bills as change. They’re probably from 2006 or 2007. The bill dispensers are by far the biggest pain in the ass with these units. I’m sure I could call Unitec and schedule a phone call with them but it’ll be quicker to ask here. Are you able to add a coin dispenser in addition to the bill dispenser? I was hoping that was an option so I could set it up as a secondary form of payment for change. Redundancy is always a good thing. Is anyone doing this if it’s a possibility?
Thanks

slash007

Reaction score
From what I know, you should be able to add coin dispensers, but not bill dispensers, so you should be good. Of course you need to verify since you have an older model. Mine are from 2014.

Touchless

Reaction score
I have a Portal TI from 2009 and we dispense $1 coins for change. It’s very reliable and trouble free.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
I have a Portal TI from 2009 and we dispense $1 coins for change. It’s very reliable and trouble free.
Thanks Touchless. We dispense them in our Wash Selects without issue as well. I have found the part I need to add the $1 coin dispensing ability, now I just need to figure out what the programming options are. Ideally, I could dispense change with the dollar bill dispenser and then, if there is an issue with that, it would switch to the coin dispenser rather than printing them a receipt stating we owe them x amount of change.

OurTown

Reaction score
Ideally, I could dispense change with the dollar bill dispenser and then, if there is an issue with that, it would switch to the coin dispenser
I know of a wash that does this but I believe it was ordered from the factory that way and I think it is a 2010 or maybe a 2011 model. I'm not 100 percent sure but I think it dispenses quarters if the bill dispenser is down and the dollar coin hopper gets empty. When the Fujitsu dispenser gets some wear on it the bills have to be near new condition for it to work properly. They have swapped the dispenser for a new one several times.

Wildcat83482

Reaction score
I converted a couple bill dispensing Portals to quarter only. I would never go back. Message me if you have questions. I opted away from dollar coins, Hard to get and I had several people that didn't believe they were real lol.

peaches

Reaction score
we dispense quarters and a lot of the time it dispenses no change at all and I end up with very unhappy customers!

Roz

Reaction score
Is there a way to remotely view the Wash Select II from a website or iPhone like Hamilton or ICS?