What's new

Undercarriage Washer

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Anyone try the (New??) undercarriage washer shown in the industry mag? I think it's from Hypro. Looks like Foam brush handle with a T at the bottom and a Bar with 3 Jets and a poly cylinder on either side of the center jet along with a bucket / holder to place it in when not in use. Seems like it might get a lot of use in winter / salt weather.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I haven't seen it, but I have had that idea rolling around in my head for years. I was just ready to invent it and apply for a patent...yeah right. Oh well, I missed out on my system that mixes detergent and water to make bubbles as well. I just can't win :(

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
Saw it and played with it at the NRCC show last week. It actually seemed pretty neat. You will have to provide freeze protection for it. Weep water is starting to add up for us.

bigleo48

Reaction score
[video=youtube;pzRIusVGTc8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzRIusVGTc8[/video]

Weep, an extra boom and hose. How was it setup at the pump bench? Would need to add some control solenoids to the pump benches to redirect the HP pump output, or did they have a separate pump?

boywonder

Reaction score
I can see issues with customers using it on the paint and not underneath. Also probably create more mud in the bay.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
I looked on HydroSpray's website. Looks like it is prewired and pre plumbed and comes with a boom hose and a wand holder and instruction sign so it should be an easy install. It says uses the existing high pressure pump.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I like this alot and have also thought of doing this.

One more thing to eat up time while providing a service customers want/need.

Tell you one thing; nobody's doing THAT in a driveway wash at home!!!

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I doubt they'd use it on paint, but never say never in SS carwashing!

As for mud, you're probably right. But from my experience the mudders' trucks are high enough up so the plain ol wand is getting 90% of the mud so another 10% isn't too bad.

Keith Baker

Keith Baker
Reaction score
I wonder what size tips are on that boom?

I don't think my existing 310 pump set up at the speed I'm running it now would genere the pressure and volume that I see on the video.

MEP001

Reaction score
I wonder what size tips are on that boom?

I don't think my existing 310 pump set up at the speed I'm running it now would genere the pressure and volume that I see on the video.
I see three tips in it - three 1502 tips wouldn't be more than a single xx06 tip in flow.

Stuart

Reaction score
I have not seen the one mentioned in the previous threads but I made my own undercarriage setup a couple years ago. Took a 5' pipe and bent it about in the middle about 45 degrees, bought the driveway washdown assy I saw in Dultmeier magazine, put a hose swivel between the wand and the wash down assy, with a trigger gun on the other end. Two prong FB wand holder to hang the gun on the wall. There are 3 nozzles -2502- .
I have a big sign over the bay and have done radio ads with disappointing results. Have done about 30 hours of use in 2 years (9/2011 9/2013) with 15 hours since the first of this year to 9/30/2013.

I apply a corrosion inhibitor through the wand.
From the usage I have observed it does not create more mud in this bay. I have only seen a couple of customers attempt to hold the wand up to the vehicle but is awkward to use in this manor.

On the discharge of my pump I installed a NC solenoid valve on the undercar line and a NO valve on the regular HP line. When the undercar is selected both valves are energized and pressure is diverted to the undercar wand.