What's new

Undercarriage overspray

SanDiegoSS

Reaction score
We have a WW Razor with an undercarriage wash at the entrance. It works well but they are located close to the entrance and there is a lot of water that mists out and covers customers buying tokens or vending.

I don't have the option of moving anything so I was thinking that if I could direct the water more it could make a difference. Has anyone put an elbow or directional tip like these two examples with success? I can't find the pressure rating of the spray tip. The elbow or tip state 150psi. If I just put it on the spray tip closest to the entrance I think it could contain a lot of the overspray, or perhaps replace them all.

tempImageA34DGh.png

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I would like to see a picture of the whole floor setup. If it's just a straight pipe with nozzles, you could just shim it at the hold down points and angle the spray into the bay. If that's not an option, adjust the turnoff so that it shuts off while it's still under the back of the car. If you put street 45's on it, I see them getting broken off too easily. Either by a car way off center, or by a clumsy operator like me just stumbling over them.

SanDiegoSS

Reaction score
beat me to it, thanks - my thought was to somehow point the stream from the nozzle closest to the door away from the entrance slightly. there is a concern that cars would drive over what I put there but I was curious if anyone had used one of the two items I posted. The other thought would be to get a 45 degree elbow for the steel pipe and angle one of the short end pieces as a whole.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would eliminate the side pipe ( short pieces) on the ends so it just sprays up under the car. That will eliminate alot of over spray.

chevyguy09

Reaction score
What are those blue pieces called? I can see those being helpful to install in our automated.
SudsnShine115 do you mean the blue reflectors that are glued to the floor in the picture? Those are used to try and help the customer pull into the wash bay straight instead of veering to one side (typically the side where the instruction sign is on)

mac

Reaction score
The nozzle shown in the picture is installed 90 degrees off. Also ask yourself if you really need UCW. I left it off my auto with very few complaints and the bay is much much cleaner.

OurTown

Reaction score
The nozzle shown in the picture is installed 90 degrees off. Also ask yourself if you really need UCW. I left it off my auto with very few complaints and the bay is much much cleaner.

I'm not sure why they are installed in the south but in the salt belt customers demand it during the winter. Now that I have my truck "under oiled" every year I actually do not want high pressure spray under it.

ICEMAN

Reaction score
Had this setup on a laser 4000. Just use the 45 street elbows. I had maybe one get broken in 5 years. This also allows you to focus the spray on the rocker panels of the car. If your autocashier is aligned properly with your entrance the customer rarely has an issue pulling in. Removing the side nozzles would hurt the cleaning of the rocker panels of the car.

SudsnShine115

Reaction score
SudsnShine115 do you mean the blue reflectors that are glued to the floor in the picture? Those are used to try and help the customer pull into the wash bay straight instead of veering to one side (typically the side where the instruction sign is on)
Yea I was having a brain fart on what they were called. Its a good idea, something we might consider doing at our wash.

Thanks,