What's new

Undercarrage comes on when wash arms.

Buzzie8

Reaction score
The undercarrage starts as soon as the wash arms. I have already:
1. Cleaned eyes
2. Replaced receiver eye.

My next step is to change receiver cable. I cannot figure out why when I take the cable out and then replace it the eye seems to work OK. The a few washes later quits working again. Any ideas?

dclark3344

Reaction score
Have you replaced the transmitter eye. and make sure you use a dielectric compound on the connectors or the eyes can short with the water. I have had the same thing happen several times with all the above problems. I would guess you are using the Telco eyes? I have those and the banner eyes. I have had a lot less problems with the banner eyes

Buzzie8

Reaction score
I am using the dielectic grease but I have not replaced the transmitter eye. It seems odd to me that everytime I take the cable off and put it back on the eye works. Also, I am using telco, how hard is to switch to banner eyes?

dclark3344

Reaction score
You have to run new cables to them. I have purchased the Banners from Carlton Bates to make this change, but I have not done it yet. I had to reorder the cables because I did not specify right angle connectors on the cables and I got straight ones which will not fit in the boxes. I will have to use a knockout on the box because the hole is much larger for the Banners. By the way did you ever figure out what was happening on your post about not washing the front of vehicles? Always like to learn,

Buzzie8

Reaction score
Still have not figured out the washing front of car only. I do something every day. Today I swapped out can eyes. I also rewired some of the 24 volt wire nuts. I think I am grasping at straws right now. My next move is to swap out cable to end of track prox. This problem is driving me crazy!!!!!

toddmullens

Reaction score
The problem is probably caused by the measurement eyes that shoot at an angle across the car. What happens, if I understand it correctly, as the machine moves from the home position and approches the car, the signal is blocked and the redlion records the count prox number at the time of the signal loss of the measurement eyes. Invest in a telco eye tester and plug into the amplifier socket in the panel on the passenger side of the gantry. There are 2 sets of these eyes; boom safety eyes, and the measurement eyes, which turn into boom safety eyes after the first pass. With the tester, adjust the eyes to a strong signal (B1 or better if you can get there). If your signal is C1 or worse, you are probably going to experiance some weird things happen with the washes at random intervals. I have 10 of these WW 1.0's and I have found this is the issue 90% of the time, unless its a more obivious problem. Shoot me an email if you have any questions and I will try to help you out as much as possible toddmullens@gmail.com, esp. since last I checked, Coleman was charging something crazy to call tech support!