What's new

Ultimate Vinyl Doors

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
I have seen quite a bit of discussion of Ultimate vs. Wyndstar but most of it is pretty dated and I'm not sure if they are comparing vinyl to vinyl. Does anybody out there have Ultimate vinyl doors? When I look at the literature (of course that paper will just lay there and let them write anything they want on it!) the Ultimate looks at least equal if not superior. I know Pat is a big proponent of Wyndstar and I respect his opinion but does anybody have the Ultimate vinyl doors that would offer an opinion? I'm going to buy one of the 2 since the sales guy at the third place lied to me yesterday. You only get one strike and you are out if you lie!
Thanks

pgrzes

Reaction score
I just put 2 Airlift Extreme XRS doors in and love them. They are fast look nice and seem very well designed. I had them installed in early January so that were put right to the test in the winter and had 0 problems. They are noisy on windy days, but I doubt they are any different then any of the others. I highly recommend.

gearhead

Reaction score
Ditto on the Airlift Doors. They are great. And the support (Jim) has been nothing less than outstanding. Highly recommend.

Buzzie8

Reaction score
I am not a big fan of ultimate. I have Ultimate doors. Biggest reason is the use aluminum hardware that gets corroded which is a normal for much of the hardware in the car wash business but in their case all the bolts will break off when adjustments are required or belts need adjusted. If you do end up getting them make sure you use never seize on all the bolts or you will be paying to replace a bunch of their proprietary parts. They also state that they have a long warranty (can't remember, 5 years I think) but they are hard presses to replace anything for free. Problem is that these are the only doors that I have ever owned so the others might be worse. I have nothing to compare them to right now.

Buzzie8

Reaction score
I am assuming the vinyl and the polycarbonate use the same openers and hardware. Maybe this is a wrong assumption.