What's new

ultimate tire and wheel cleaner

Eric H

Reaction score
Over in the inbay forum there was a thread about powdered presoaks that got a lot of activity. Based on that thread I am reevaluating my SS chemicals. just this morning I switched to a powdered HP soap (kleen-rite inbay turbo with 2 gal of simoniz foam addative. Looks good but it always takes a few weeks to really get a good impression of a product.
I also noticed that I have about a 2-3 week supply of my tire and wheel cleaner left. Does anyone have a recommendation for a product? My current chemical, Auto Wash Maintenance's Foamy Tire brite, has a nice green color and cleans the tires without burning the rubber. It does a good job of cleaning but I am always looking for better products.

bigleo48

Reaction score
The Kleen White Tire/Wheel Cleaner for $57 a 5 gal pail works well.

MEP001

Reaction score
I mix Scotch Plaid's Dyna-Pac minty tire cleaner (two 5-gallons) and a 50-lb. box of their Presto Powder in a barrel to make 55 gallons of product. It lasts a couple months and works really well, especially on brake dust. It doesn't have the spectacular show that some other products do (Earl Weiss' video, for example) but it's not bad.

[video=youtube;YaY4vygsxAQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaY4vygsxAQ[/video]

I need to make a video of it removing 15 years of crud off the inside of the wheel with minimal scrubbing.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
Its not no where Green enough my customers would be madd as hell no matter how good it cleans they would think there getting screwed, cleans good though on video.

slamdvw

Reaction score
Get on your favorite online auction site and order some fluorescein. It's a red / orange powder that, in water, makes the fluorescent color like green antifreeze. We added it to our tire cleaner so people could see it vs not seeing it. ( thinking it wasn't being dispensed ).