What's new

Two electrical issues

BrianLorenzen

Reaction score
First, I have a 200 watt led parking lot light that works in the shop. But when I hook it up to the light pole, nothing. The black is hot per my multi meter and pen. Stumped.

Second, I have a brand new JE Adam’s two motor vacuum. I have power to the vac island, every time I start the vac, it turns off. The breaker doesn’t trip, it’s just strange???

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

MGSMN

Reaction score
First, I have a 200 watt led parking lot light that works in the shop. But when I hook it up to the light pole, nothing. The black is hot per my multi meter and pen. Stumped.

You may have an open (broken) neutral. Do you have full voltage per your meter from hot to neutral and ground? Test voltage with the meter with the light attached.

Second, I have a brand new JE Adam’s two motor vacuum. I have power to the vac island, every time I start the vac, it turns off. The breaker doesn’t trip, it’s just strange???

Check the timer settings or replace the timer.

MEP001

Reaction score
I have a brand new JE Adam’s two motor vacuum. I have power to the vac island, every time I start the vac, it turns off. The breaker doesn’t trip, it’s just strange???
Does it have an AT-411E timer? If so, make sure the wires to the coin switch are connected to COM and NO, not COM and NC. It is a design feature of that timer to cancel the time if the coin circuit is held closed.