What's new

Turtle valves for hydrominder, what tips?

Mrwood

Reaction score
Is there a chart where I can find what tips to use for the dilution I’m trying to get? I have an existing turtle valve that is installed and I’m trying to get to a dilution of 240:1. I’m hesitant to use the tiny pink tip just by itselffor fear of clogging all the time (pump rooms get dusty and dirty). I’d like to run two somewhat larger tips in the turtle valve to get to where I want to be. Does anyone have an idea where I could look or have an answer for me?

Mrwood

Reaction score
What's a turtle valve?
I don’t know what else to call it, but the double tip setup for the hydro minder that sucks up some of what is in the mix tank as well as pure concentrate. I’ll get a picture.

MEP001

Reaction score
That's a Turtle Wax brand dual eductor. Call someone who sells the product, they can probably get you a chart.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Really depends on viscosity of the product you're running. Turtle wax used to have tip charts for the double block assembly but IIRC their products were pretty viscous. Put a purple tip on the chemical side and start with a red tip on the water side and just drop that end down into the chemical tank you're mixing with a foot valve. That's probably a good starting point, and just adjust your water tip from what it looks like after it mixes. You can also fine tune a little by changing the "water side "tip from plain water to mixed solution or vice-versa by moving that end from the solution tank to the rinse tank.

FWIW, I use pink tips all the time with no trouble, but I don't have open containers with raw chemical in them. All chemical containers have caps with a hole drilled in them for the line to go through.