What's new

Turbo Nozzles

Officer

Reaction score
Anyone have any input on Turbo Nozzles? Pro Car Wash Equipment, who makes my Navigator (touchless), recommend them as a nice upgrade to the machine. Considering pulling the trigger and buying 21 of them.

Thanks Forum!

soonermajic

Reaction score
how much are they? Why didn't they put them on there in the 1st place?

washnshine

Reaction score
Anyone have any input on Turbo Nozzles? Pro Car Wash Equipment, who makes my Navigator (touchless), recommend them as a nice upgrade to the machine. Considering pulling the trigger and buying 21 of them.

Thanks Forum!
I don't own any, but have seen many in operation. From what I can see, they give you more impact/punch at a distance because the water stream is 0 degrees, but they also give you the coverage of a 15 degree nozzle or so because they rotate - probably depends what you buy.

You'd want input from someone who owns them, but I would imagine there is always room for failure and/or some type of maintenance since there are moving parts.

kentadel

Reaction score
At roughly $70 to $120 a nozzle depending on brand they are an expensive set up. I have used them for about 6 years and like them. However, I think an imeg will also do very well at a higher pressure. The top Turbo nozzles will last longer aiming down than the sides aiming sideways, and sides should be aimed slightly down. Hypro Sudden Impact nozzles have proven to work the best for me. I have tried Blast-tecs, Giant and Suttners also.

cap732000

Reaction score
I have them on my touchless navigator and to be honest first I think the navigators are terrible cleaning wise and service is good from manufacturer I'll leave out the distributor! Sorry that wasn't your question had to vent a minute but that being said I only have 34k washes on my machine and just been holding on to replace it but I did do the dual arm upgrade with the turbo tips and they do help ALOT over my original setup was worth the money for the extra cleaning power it gave.

soonermajic

Reaction score
At roughly $70 to $120 a nozzle depending on brand they are an expensive set up. I have used them for about 6 years and like them. However, I think an imeg will also do very well at a higher pressure. The top Turbo nozzles will last longer aiming down than the sides aiming sideways, and sides should be aimed slightly down. Hypro Sudden Impact nozzles have proven to work the best for me. I have tried Blast-tecs, Giant and Suttners also.
What is an imeg, & what do they do? What's difference in Hypro sudden Impact nozzles vs. others?
DO all these nozzles rotate? can you buy them for the LW4000?

carwashireland

Reaction score
I fitted the blast tech pros to about 8 x water wizards after trialling them. I found a big improvement with cleaning even at a lower pressure. They also use about 30% less water than my original zero deg v jet nozzles. They should work on any machine with a dedicated high pressure outlet. If your machine has the chemical coming out the same nozzles as your high pressure then the turbo nozzles aren't for you.

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
I realize this isnt exactly what you are asking, but I have a turbo nozzle for my portable pressure washer. It is ideal for tougher stains, like when I acid wash the bay walls and clorox the floors every fall. I use it about half the time, I like it a lot - for tougher stains on hard surfaces, I would not use it on the wood deck. The application to in in-bay should be the same - more cleaning power for the same pressure/flow.
I'll also comment that the first time I took my car through an automatic that had turbo nozzles, I was a bit shocked by the loud sound of the water blasting on the roof, I did not like it. Perhaps thats not the case at most washes, I dont know. Two points I'm trying to make there, a) go drive through one before you make the change; b) make sure you have them sized & distanced properly.